Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

And in landscape. Still, having tried it on iOS, not sure it’s for me

6.99 is a good enough price for me. Although the other Apple Arcade standout Wilmot’s Warehouse did go free on Epic Game Store one week I doubt Capy games will ever.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is $30 with the coupon. I’ll bite at that price.

Cyberpunk is $38… I’ll have to think about that one.

I was thinking the same about Cyberpunk. I want to see the raytracing in action. But not $38 worth of wanting to see ray tracing. Maybe.

Cyberpunk is absolutely worth $38 if you have a relatively recent gaming PC and a GPU supporting DLSS.

Yeah, Cyberpunk is a blast. Also gorgeous. Very worth it.

I’ll be the dissenting opinion on Cyberpunk being worth $38 bucks. Thumbs down.

BTW, not on my home machine to check, but do Epic store games have a stupid obfuscated file system for saves and such like the Windows Store ones?

The main reason for not wanting Cyberpunk now is that I only tend to play games once. If Cyberpunk is going to continue to be patched and improved, then getting it and playing it now will mean that I will miss out on a potentially better game later. As for buying it now and playing it a year later when the improvements have been patched in, that’s foolish, because believe me, the game will be cheaper on a different sale between now and then. So the only reason to buy it at $38 now will be if I want to play it now, and miss out on the potential improvements that might or might not make a difference to the overall experience.

It was $25 a few months back

This is pretty much how I think of it. I’m only around 2/3 through the story in RDR2, having bought near launch.

I really enjoy these games, but the bulk of my weekly gaming is much more towards games with interesting mechanics (e.g. 4X, rogue likes, builders). Maybe I get a open world mission done every week or two. The Witcher 3 took me 3-4 years to finish.

I’ve got plenty of open world to mess around with while Cyberpunk keeps falling in price and improving on gameplay.

I just can’t be bothered with this store anymore.

Why am I always asked to login, do a captcha, and then 2-factor? Three steps.

The captcha is so small and difficult to see on my screen, the correct images are often hard to determine for me and I end up failing it half the time. Why do they need this as well as 2-factor?

Needs to be easier. I just wanted to check out the sale and now I’ve given up and posted an angry message on a forum! :)

Yeah, I realized it would be 4.99 for me after coupon. Might do it for 5 bucks. And I suppose I could add the game to my steam library and play it on my iPad in landscape as god intended

I would have totally bought either game at that price if I had seen it.

That happens to me when I log in to Steam from Chrome on the home PC. I have the browser set to clear cookies and site data when I close it, and haven’t bothered to make an exception for Steam. Doesn’t happen with the apps though.

I’m glad to be wrong about this! The coupon works on games $14.99 or more and Grindstone is $14.99. IT IS BOUGHT.

Gotta use the launcher, I just click and am in!

Haha $10 coupons are back.

I requested a refund for Death Stranding on Steam. I bought it over 2 weeks ago, but I haven’t played it yet, so I thought, maybe? It’s also my first ever refund request on Steam, so I’m kind of curious about the process itself.

Yeah I am on my work machine and didn’t want to install it here. :)

Quick and painless. I usually have the refund within a few hours, a day tops.

The only game I’ve had to mess with the files for was Subnautica for modding, and it was a pain in the ass to find out where the files were located (I think in my User folder somewhere), but other than that they were perfectly reachable and modifiable. I think it depends on the game.