Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

It has its issues on the admin/hosting side, but the user experience is tops, IMO.

Some steam forums are better than others. It’s true. But feel free to continue to believe whatever you want to believe.

Like I got a lot of good feedback/advice from the Underrail steam forum. Also the main benefit of Steam forums is they show up in google searches about issues/solutions/etc. A lot! It’s an absolute treasure trove of information.

I browse them all the time on my iPad. Works just fine

Tablets don’t need a mobile version, phones do.

Unless he’s using iOS 8 or something. It used to pull the mobile version of sites, but that changed years ago.

Anyway, I have used the Steam forums on my iPhone (just this morning in fact), and they work great.

It is known.

SIGH5

Boy can you guys derail a thread!

(not a criticism, I do it too all the time–most recently discussing the 1980s farce Top Secret!–one of the things I kind of love about this place is there’s no official “take it to another thread” moderation)

It’s times like this that you just have to take a moment and be thankful we’re not talking about pizza.

EDIT: goddamnit, @shurem! :)

So ah… Deep dish or thick crust pizza?

Oh man, I don’t want to go back to that ever again. I’m not looking for Steam to be my main place to go to a game forum - that’s here, but I’ve had great luck finding info on a problem I’ve encountered. Occasionally I’ll post a question and get a useful reply most of the time.

Control is now free on EGS. Go get it, if you don’t already have it.

UI wise, the app could be better.

Who thought that putting all the uninstalled games in greyscale was a good idea? It makes visual identification of the games a bit harder than it should be

The order of the library is also lacking, the is no option of putting the installed games at the start, before the uninstalled ones, you can to use the filter to choose one view or the other.

EGGS! is also giving away three months of free Discord Nitro, in case you ever really wanted to use that one emoji across communities.

Understatement of a century. It’s trash.

I mean you can just filter so it only shows installed games, that is what I do anyway.

But it’s so hard to even find the game you just bought, so that you can install it and get it to the top of the list!

It really is quite amazing how little progress they’ve made on the app, while being willing to pour endless amount of money into to project otherwise.

I switched to the list and sorted by alphabetical, and it’s easy to find games in the library now. The default sort in grid mode is, yes, kind of a nonsensical nightmare.

That’s what gets me. I hadn’t used EGS for about a year, but this week I have used it twice. It doesn’t seemed to have changed at all. They aren’t improving it. Which is fine I guess, but I like the extra stuff and will continue to use Steam because of that.