Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

@stusser and @LeeAbe are both right on.

As an end-user I don’t care why it sucks so much as that it does & that Epic could fix it but continues not to.

And I didn’t dare even mention the Mac client, which minimally works but is for sure even worse than the Windows version. I figured that’d only cloud the conversation since the Windows version is the best version that Epic offer & it is terrible compared to other store / library apps.

And after that wait the payoff is a store page that doesn’t tell you anything at all about the game so you gotta pull up the Steam page to see if it has controller support, single or multiplayer, etc. :)

Good picks.

They mentioned Sheltered was going to be free but a HUGE surprise is that Nioh Complete is free this week too!

Woah!!! Wow!

In the Nioh 2 thread Qt3ers told me not to bother buying Nioh Complete for $10 last winter because Nioh 2 is better in every way and it’s not worth going back for Nioh. But hey, for free, I’ll try it out.

As @Gigglemoo mentioned in the bargain thread, 2064: Read Only Memories is free today only on Epic Game Store. It’s not being pushed as obviously as their usual Thursday Free games, so I appreciated the heads up, as I surely would have missed it, even if I’d fired up the Epic Game Store today.

Awe yeah just what we wanted.

Next they have to get the microsoft store added to Epic.

…complete with obfuscated local file systems and bugs out the a**! Yay?

Storeception!

Just today I was trying to make Microsoft Store actually function at work, took me good 40 minutes. What a fucking piece of shit infrastructure and software, I loath it so much. EGS and MS Store, match made in hell.

And it’s fucking split.

So, like a couple weeks back, State of Decay 2 had an update. I had purchased SoD2 from the Microsoft Store. It’s listed there. That’s where I downloaded it from.

So I launch the game, it says “update required”, and quits out. Naturally, I head over to the Microsoft Store, and do an update, where it staunchly refuses to update the game, even though it’s listed as one of my purchases.

I had to scour the web to find out that what was really needed was that the Windows/XBox app be installed. And then update the game from there.

Sure, OK, Satya.

What is this madness. Was it at least free?

That was only place you could buy SoD2 at launch.

I love this, they are making the Microsoft Store the Internet Explorer of stores. Something you only use to download other stores.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games-store-c73/epic-online-services-and-epic-games-launcher-13-0-0-update-a9126

The Epic store wants to install a new online service. Should I be outraged about this? I mean, I have 50-60 games on the platform, having bought zero games from them, so I’m not sure I’m entitled to rage, but then again…

Yeah, I couldn’t really figure that out. When the Epic store told me it wanted to install something else, I click on it, and it took me to a page where I had to sign up or something. I couldn’t find any download links anywhere. If they make it that hard to download and install whatever this is, then it’s easy for me not to bother with it.

Steam has its own service too. I wish it didn’t, I don’t want to run any of this crap in the background, when I close the window I want it to close. But it isn’t unusual, anyway.

Are you running a computer from 1998 or something? :)

OOh, Stubbs the Zombie is going to be a giveaway! Been thinking about picking up that particular remaster.