Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Yeah that’s ridiculous. We’re talking about one of the worst, most oppressive, and most powerful governments on the planet here. And it’s not like they’re improving either.

No, because Steam has a defacto monopoly and people are clearly enraged at the thought of using anything else irrespective of its quality.

Your dogged insistence on equating Epic with “chinese money” sounds very racist.

No.

Only if you are a crazy person.

Oh, I hadn’t even considered the DRM angle. I guess this means Phoenix Point went from no DRM at launch (GOG) to always online (Epic) for at least a year.

No apparently they’re keeping it DRM free, at least according to what they’re currently saying.

Looks like $40 on the store…

I was going for the GOG key. Your argument regarding Steam loyalty is a mischaracterization.

But Epic is always online.

They added offline mode recently. And search bar after that.

Keep your promises had a 90% chance to hit and the shot still missed.

Based on every single thread on the internet about Epic exclusive games, I’m really not.

If EA or Activision had paid for Epic, would we be calling it American Money? Just out of curiosity, since both of those companies are pretty horrible companies and all.

I find this unfairly dismissive. I mean yes, you are technically right, it was a pretty low effort post. But… uh… I would say 1/4 of this forum is composed of fairly low-effort contributions. Not every post is going to win a Pulitzer, sometimes you just say “I don’t like this” or “I like this”. And that’s QT3 which have a fairly high ratio of posts with real content!

It would be far, far better. Chinese money is Chinese government money. American money isn’t.

God, think of how many low effort posts would disappear if we just had a like or dislike function.

That seems like a pretty large blanket statement. One that might be categories by some as pretty racists.

@AntediluvianArk Disliked that.

I wonder which people at Epic thinks that after kidnapping our favorite games and making us buy them there, we’ll have sufficient good will to buy other games on that platform? Perhaps it’s the same people who think kids playing Fortnite will buy hundreds of other games.

The most recent $1.25G investment in Epic was in fact by American venture capital firms (though their limited partners might be from elsewhere). Tencent’s earlier investment was much smaller.

That’s it. Please remove me from you weekly newsletter. I am unsubscribing.