Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

I am frankly stunned that it’s coming to Steam and not just the Windows Store. Good stuff, MS.

Very unMS thing to do, kudos. I only played the first Halo and liked it, but I love soundtracks to all the games in the series so I am looking forward to playing them too.

Also Reach is the first one. I’m pretty psyched.

Store page is already up.

Man what a stark contrast today.

Julian announces a reneg on backer funded promises.

Hours later Microsoft puts most of the Halo library on Steam.

Amazing.

Nice to see some consumer friendly business decisions.

ALso Reach is the best one.

That a strong choice of words for what amounts to the smallest change ever that could happen.

What is with the overreaction of all the Epic Haters? I mean, is life so perfect that this small change means everything is ruined?

Why is Halo a Steam and Microsoft store exclusive? I prefer to buy my games from the Epic store! This is really poor on steam and MS to limit my purchasing options.

Steam has only been consumer friendly when forced to kicking and screaming by legal authorities. They have been decidedly consumer unfriendly at every opportunity when they’ve had something financial to gain from it.

Every single complaint in any thread in the Games section of QT3 is a first world problem. We all understand that there are bigger issues in the world.

We are here to discuss a shared hobby however and the Epic store is a major disruption that people are interested in debating.

I could use your response to any other complaint here in the Games section.

Yes, but none would be anywhere near as petty as this particular one.

I don’t think you’ll find a lot of people opposed to having games on Steam and Epic.

I was referring to Microsoft’s decision as consumer friendly by opting to put the games on at least one other store when they are first party titles fully owned by MS. I fully expected MS exclusivity.

Keep digging.

Is it on the Epic store? I thought it was a MS and Steam exclusive?

No Epic version of Halo? How anti-consumer! I wonder how big the money hat Valve gave MS was.

It’s not on Epic! That’s it, I am done with MS, fuck those guys for not being on Epic.

Once again, MS shows just how anti consumer it actually is.

Why only Steam, though. Shouldn’t it be on every store so customers can decide?

Gives me hope for State of Decay 2 on STEAM.

If Steam starts bribing devs and pubs, my position is not going to change because it’s Steam. I won’t like it either. It should be on Epic too.