Erratic, Drugged up Bush

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4921.shtml

President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President’s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” says one aide. “We can’t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.”

Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly-upset Bush stormed off stage on July 8, refusing to answer reporters’ questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

“Keep those motherfuckers away from me,” he screamed at an aide backstage. “If you can’t, I’ll find someone who can.”

Crossed checked it around, it doesn’t seem to be complete lunacy, and if anyone saw when he stormed off after the enron questions, seems believable.

Chet

And there is this companion piece:
Unhappy Workers Should Take Prozac --Bush Campaigner
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&u=/nm/20040729/pl_nm/campaign_jobs_dc_1

Do you honestly believe that? Seriously, I’m curious. Right off the bat without any future researching, what would you give the percentage chance for that being true?

I’m far from Bush’s biggest fan but these stories coming out of Capitol Hill Blue seem to be largely lacking in sourcing. If this were about John Kerry from another outlet with similiarly dubious credibility I don’t think I’d be paying them much attention, in fact, quite the opposite. I’d be pointing out how they’re, well, largely lacking in sourcing and from outlets with dubious credibility.

There’s plenty of fair game out there. I’m content sticking to it.

Well I did do some research before posting that on POE News, I give it some level of belief, 100%? Probably not. No one acts the same all the time, but Bush does have those crazy outburts and often has that seething “i want to scream” look. And he does have a history of closing into a smaller and smaller circle of friends as the heat goes up.

Also if you go back through all the books that former administration members have written (while the right makes jokes about the bush hate, seriously what is up with all these “loyal” workers turning against bush?), there are some concerns about Bush’s behavoir. I think “Bush on the Couch” is a hack job, up there with the BS Stern had in his book, but I give some credibility to this article.

Chet