Essential Oils And Other Holistic Bullshit

The reason for my comment, which you totally missed, is you were using a personal anecdote for some minor, lame ailment and at the same time you refused to discuss the fact your people killed someone we know and left an elderly gentleman without his wife. Once again, you’re picking and choosing what to discuss, just like every propaganda minister would do. There’s a reason you should be ashamed for making blanket claims that the majority of essential oils are not killing people by tricking them into forgoing proper medicine.

But it’s also evident, you have no guilt with what you do.

@ddtibbs Wow man, simply amazing. You demonstrated what has already been seen and acknowledged–I forgot that I had said something. I was used to being misinterpreted and people dubiously using quotation marks.

“Get cracking” on what? showing hundreds of studies and/or articles? I never said anyone should do the work to find all those studies and/or articles. I said they were “unwilling to do the minimal amount of research necessary to realize numerous medical uses of essential oils.” The minimal is what I did. More research would yield more of course–perhaps hundreds or even thousands.

I made my point and I’m sorry it pains some of you so much to admit that you jumped the gun by disregarding oils altogether and making fun of people who use them when they are actually getting results.

Honestly I don’t think he is actually aware of what is happening.

Maybe its more like you’re used to being called out for your bull, but you just continue to convince yourself its “misinterpretation”.

Wow, you continue to amaze me with your misleading and inaccurate information.

-“Lame ailment”? Tell that to the person suffering with athlete’s foot.

-“[my] people killed”? Way to lump me together with that person in such a dishonest way. I’m not advocating what those people you refer to do. Once again, I made a list of things that have worked anecdotally and scientifically in order to refute the claim that essential oils are “complete bunk”–nothing more.

-There are a bunch of people making a number of points. I don’t have all the time in the world to care about each and every one. Of course I’m picking my battles.

-“tricking people”? “should be ashamed”? “blanket claims”? I make no blanket claims anywhere. I attest to specific situations where oils have been proven valuable. Anyone who supposedly kills anyone would be at fault for doing so, but that has nothing to do with me.

-“it’s also evident, you have no guilt with what you do.” Wow, this is hilarious. I should feel guilty for sharing science. Brilliant man, just brilliant.

It’s “bull,” eh?

You are making this wayyyy too easy. Maybe you should cut your losses, unless you have something worthwhile to say.

In this analogy, one poster is Voltron.

So let me get this straight. You come into this thread with the attempt to validate a multi-billion dollar industry who’s main focus for years has been duping gullible people and those who are most vulnerable, and you expect us to retract the fact the majority of this industry is predicated on lies and misinformation? And you’re trying to claim you have altruistic goals?

You disgust me.

Nice words. No evidence or support, eh? Gosh this forum makes me giggle.

Again with a straw man argument. No, my intention wasn’t to validate the industry. My intention has been stated over and over. I simply shed light on the scientific credibility of the use of some oils. I also acknowledged that there are shady people in the industry. Is “the majority…predicated on lies and misinformation”? I don’t know, that would be a tough thing to prove. You’re merely speculating here.

Are my goals altruistic? I don’t know, people’s own beliefs about their intentions can’t be trusted seeing as our brains confabulate why we do things in inaccurate ways all the time. But my goal was to share some information regardless as to whether it was technically altruistic. And if sharing substantiated information makes you have “disgust” for me then I feel bad for you. What a sad state.

Edit: And when did I say people should retract your invented speculation about intentions and actions of “the majority of [the] industry”?

Here’s a start:

https://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2014/ucm416023.htm

It’s become clear you’re a multi-level marketer for essential oils or some other company like DoTerra. Your MO is to drum up awareness because for every person who sees through your charade there is another poor individual who will look it up and be convinced they do more than claimed. I’m done helping promote your business.

Lol, just wow. I have no affiliation or stake in any business. I’ve never sold a bottle of oils or referred anyone to a distributor. Good one. face palm

You’re anonymous and can lie all your want. It’s the Internet. Until shown otherwise you have a large stake in the essential oils market, you have sold bottles of oils to people and are potentially a distributor.

The guy came to a random forum with the expresss purpose of making a nonsense post about magic beans.

@jpinard All I can say to that is thank you for the entertainment. Haha. The closest you are is that I know a distributor of Young Living brand essential oils. But then again a number of us probably do whether or not we realize it. Those multi-level things are everywhere. One qualm I have with Young Living and doTERRA is that they seem to charge too much. Sure, it’s cheaper than going to the doctor say for athlete’s foot or a UTI, but their prices aren’t competitive even though they save enormous amounts of money having their minions selling their products, much like Amway.

Yes @Timex, magic beans…
This sort of post represents the level of intelligence I’ve come to expect here. When someone has no way to counter the scientific material I use to substantiate my point they call my post “nonsense.” Congratulations Timex, you’re a top notch ignoramus, at least on this subject.

In both days of experience you have here, then?

Yes, in both days here (on this thread). I’ve read every comment on this thread so no need to try to belittle my “experience” here.

You’ve come to expect on your multi hour crusade for magic beans?

Share more of your insights, bean master. Tell us more about the forum that you just joined hours ago.

Why do you guys feed the trolls? Don’t you have anything better to do?

Hey now, I’ve been playing Heroes III on a sick day and popped in from time to time.

What I mean to say is, Warlocks uber alles.