Essential Oils And Other Holistic Bullshit

Aw, did I miss spam? Has a sad.

What was it?

Some random person making a first post that was like, “I agree! Also my essential oil (link) is great and awesome!”

Timex had a hot girlfriend for a short while. :)

She had some huge tracts of land.

That doesn’t surprise me.

If that was her. :)

An evangelical minister who advised President Donald Trump’s campaign sparked an uproar Tuesday by suggesting that Christian faith makes people immune from the flu.

Texas minister Gloria Copeland, who sat on the Trump campaign’s evangelical executive advisory board, denied the country is in the midst of a severe flu outbreak in a Facebook video that went viral because, "Jesus himself is our flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of the flu.”

The Copelands are among the worst. Kenneth Copeland boasted that he was worth over a billion dollars, years ago, with a smirk on his face.

Horrible people. I dislike that essentially oils is conflated with the rest of this topic, but what are you going to do?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/youtuber-who-claimed-veganism-cured-her-cancer-dies-of-cancer/521951036?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a8ece1404d3017e7f8341f5&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

“YouTuber claims God and veganism cured her cancer! You won’t believe what happens next!”

This thread is scienticious.

Additionally, Lopez went on a 90-day juice cleanse, which lead to “food withdrawals.”

AKA “starving”.

Lopez, at the time, also said she had skipped cancer treatment despite the recommendation of her doctors. “It’s my choice, I’ve been okay, I haven’t died, I haven’t gotten to the hospital… I am going to continue on this path of going natural,” said Lopez. “It’s over, it is done with, I am healed.”

I can’t be too hard on her. Cancer is a bastard, and fucks people up. Treatments can be horrible too, resulting in maybe not-so-rational decisions.

I totally understand that aspect. And I totally respect people who choose not to undergo chemo or radiation, and instead just say, “Ya know what? I’m just gonna ride this out.” That can be a totally rational decision, given how hard chemo and radiation can be.

What I’m not down with is folks who go on youtube and tell OTHER people that this kind of bullshit cured their cancer. Cause it didn’t. She died from it.

Although, even so, she’s dead. And she likely wasn’t a bad person, so it’s still sad she died.

Right, but if she truly believed what she did cured her, I can’t blame her for wanting to share that information, wrong as it was.

Also, because the results are now just as public as the “cure”, less people will fall for it in the future.

Jesus cured caused my lactose intolerance.

The thing is though, that it’s a cycle that must be stopped. I can sit here and say that I don’t care if somebody believes that essential oils or homeopathy work as long as they just use it on themselves, but the problem is this—they genuinely believe that it works. And that means that when they inevitably tell others that it works, they’re not even lying. They’re simply misinformed.

Granted there are also shit bags out there that know this stuff is garbage and are just trying to move product; the difficult part is separating the victims from the charlatans. And at what point does the victim become the charlatan? At what point do we hold that person accountable when they’re spreading potentially life-threatening information without first properly informing themselves, even going so far as to ignore scientific research?

It’s not so much that the victim becomes a charlatan, as they become an unwitting tool of the charlatan.