Eternal, Free-to-Play CCG

yes, it’ll use up the aegis but it’ll ignore the first spell that would affect it, whether it’s targeted or global. so you could have a deck with a bunch of aegis creatures and board wipes and it’d probably be annoying, though most of the aegis creatures aren’t real efficient on stats.

Yep, the AI is Garry friggin’ Kasparov compared to other CCG AIs (Hearthstone’s is a bad joke, jeez) but it still has some blind spots. It doesn’t aggressively trade Entomb creatures like it probably should, and is happy to trade into your Entomb guys. Might just not be super-aware of Entomb in general.

Just to clarify something here – aegis only blocks enemy spells, and the game defines “enemy” as an enemy of the affected creature.

This means two things – 1) your board wipes will kill your aegis creatures (but it also means your beneficial spells can benefit your creatures without blowing the aegis), and 2) if you try to put an aegis on your opponent’s creature to try and block a spell they’re casting on it, it won’t work – the creature will get the benefit of the spell AND have an aegis.

Yeah, that AI is quite good.

I’ve seen it do what appear to be boneheaded plays (like attacking into a bigger blocker with no combat trick), but hey, good players do that sometimes on a bluff too.

I will say that like all CCGs, the AI (and most players) will predictably attack into a smaller blocker while you have mana for a combat trick. So it’s pretty easy to use a trick to kill a meaty enemy creature.

Also, anyone have any deck suggestions for the last boss of Jakk’s Bounty? It had so many insane advantages I don’t even feel compelled to try.

Load up your deck with 4 copies of Ruin and Lightning Storm, creatures with 3 health, and hope for the best. Mulligan if you don’t start with a Ruin.

I didn’t use ruin. Otherwise, what he said. Didn’t take too long.

Aegis is fine, but when your power builds up and the units start getting big there is plenty of opportunity to poke enemy units with random little spells, like if you have a torch and the thing has 4 hearts and an aegis, you might as well torch it so your next spell will work. The AI does this whenever it has a spare spell and nothing better to do, and it’s sometimes wrong to do it, but on the other hand it’s really annoying for your power 192 empower-doubling unit to get permafrosted…

Hah. Yeah, if my g/r aggro deck gets to that point it has probably lost anyway.

So I quit Hearthstone months (years? who even knows) ago because the ladder grind sucks, Arena got formulaic and boring, and sweet mudder o’ god the RNG. This is not news or interesting.

Then I stumbled upon an article about how Lifecoach is quitting over the shitty competitive balance (surprise!) and that led me to a discussion on one of the meta-distorting new legendaries in whatever set.

Fack no. You joke me.

Pretty sure the designers are just straight trolling at this point.

Shadowverse is the good Hearthstone these days- except replace orcs with anime women.

For Hex players, that would be similar to Princess Cory.

God it’s so annoying when he pops up in Arena.

Someone explain to me why there are dinosaurs in these games…that and super advance robots, just feels so bizarre…

and then the furry rabid rabbits, in Hex anyway.

Neither of those blow up (potentially) the board entirely, maybe, but who knows?

I mean, I see the appeal of the one-armed bandit. Doesn’t mean I want to be his customer.

Boy, I’m totally addicted to this game. First time I’ve ever managed to get into a CCG. I’ve even played a few games of multiplayer! I don’t feel confident enough to edit my on decks yet but that will come in time.

I am now hitting the netdeck parade in ranked. Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, what I like to do is put together jank decks to fulfill quests (or beat particular campaign levels). The funny thing is, I win enough to complete quests and not get frustrated, but not so much that I get to the higher ranks where I’d end up facing the same decks all the time. I think I’m hovering around the bottom of the silver league.

I put together a 5-color stranger deck plus the 5-color dragon from the campaign. It sucks, but sometimes it can put out a few big dudes early enough to sneak a quick win.

Yogg isn’t as bad as he used to be. A few patches ago they changed him so that he stops casting spells if he removes himself from the board in any way. You’ll see that happen more than you would expect; he’ll Pyro himself, sheep himself, etc.

You’ll also often see him cast a bunch of spells that do almost nothing; 0 mana Forbidden Flames, Cleave with only 1 target on the board (so it does nothing), stuff like that.

Before the patch, you ended up with a Yogg in almost every deck because he could single-handedly take you from the edge of losing to a board dominant position. The randomness made it so you wouldn’t really build a deck around him, but he was everywhere as a “Yogg-and-Pray” last-ditch Hail Mary.

That’s still just awful, and the perfect expression of Hearthstone’s RNG worship. Bleh.

Yeah, that’s kinda how I roll. Navigating the meta might be kinda fun if I felt like dropping whatever money on building up playsets of legendaries, but nooooooooope nope nope.

I dunno. I did the Arena thing for quite a while in Hearthstone, and Eternal’s Forge mode is pretty neat. But I dunno how long I’ll stick with it, tbh.

I might just be mostly over CCGs, and I’m pretty okay with that.

That dinosaur mission in the new campaign pissed me off. I knew I had to use the dart to capture it. But it never was marked as usable on my turn. So I figured that I had to bring it down to zero health and then use it. Nope, bring health down and I died. Might want to make that more clear damn it!