Etrian Odyssey Nexus - Party of Five

Resistances/vulnerabilities…help me out, because the manual does not list the types, only what the various symbols mean with regards to vulnerability/immunity.

I get the middle cluster to the left of the drops field - cut, stab, bash and fire, cold, volt.

I get the far right of the bottom row - head, arm and leg binds.

But the rest are a bit of a mystery (other than a couple I can guess at or identify from what I have come across so far). What they in order left to right?

I’ll try to remember, but I always forget myself.

First two… I forget. Then I think its: petrify, death(maybe curse?), sleep, silence, paralyze, poison, blind.
I think.

Leftmost pair are stun and instant death. Then petrify, curse, sleep, panic, paralyze, poison, blind.

I’m thankful someone asked this, I kept meaning to look. My question is which is “weak vs.” and which is “strong vs.” the circle or the triangle symbol?

Double circle is weak point, triangle is strong, X is ineffective.

It does, in the Stats section (11) under ‘Status Ailments’

/blink blink

Ah, so it is, wonder I could have missed that! Thanks!

I completed the first EO. Even the total bullshit extra stratum which is just filled to the brim with giant “fuck you!” troll floors of increasingly over the top abuse culminating in a final boss that requires correct actions every round or the whole party wipes immediately.

Well, Cernunnos showing up was a bit of pain in the ass, but managed to best him without wiping. Even without knowing the mechanics of cross-counter. Got lucky with some timely binds at opportune times…

Do people tend to resort to looking up bosses in wiki’s, or just figuring it out? I used scope on him, but if I had to repeat that fight it would have taken me ages to realise the big problem - cross-counter - was triggered every five rounds. As it was, it was something I checked after managing to down him.

Went to order this today on Best Buy and already sold out!

I was wiped to cross-counter the first time it happened, but I inferred from its deadliness that it would happen in set intervals, and conservative play let me figure out the pattern.

A while ago I made a list of other 3DS games I was interested in, mostly because I wanted a classic Monster Hunter. But the list came out funny:

• Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
  • Etrian Odyssey 4
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
  • Etrian Odyssey 5
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  • Shin Magami Tensei IV
  • Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse
  • Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked
  • Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
  • Persona Q
  • Persona Q2
    (plus some Fire Emblem)

That’s it. It wasn’t planned, by they are 13 Atlus games, all pretty much similar.

That’s also the order of Etrian Odyssey if someone wants to play each one in the order that makes the most sense. The 4th is the easiest, so it’s a pretty good introduction.

Even knowing what the interval was, I could not beat that guy with my party. I swapped out a Ronin instead of a Nightseeker and he’s doing a ton more damage but he was like 4 levels behind everyone else. So I decided to drop $2 on the triple XP accessory to advance his leveling up - only to find, honestly to my dismay, that the quest that you do for that accessory is worth 30k (!!!) XP and it took my level 11/12 guys to level 16 or so! And the accessory triples XP for ALL active party members, not just the guy it’s equipped on!

However, I am irritated to report that even 5 levels higher than I was and with a bad ass Ronin hitting like a truck, I still nearly couldn’t beat that fucking guy. I did though, and have moved on to new stuff.

Only to get picked up by a Wyvern in the next labyrinth and all my Strings taken from me, so I explored the entire area, got attacked by FOE enemies I couldn’t get passed, brute forced them, and explored almost the entire map. Then I died by attrition, just couldn’t handle any more fights and couldn’t run that last time, lost all that progress except the map - but I still have no idea how to get out of that map, even so, and honestly I am getting really annoyed with this EO game more than any other before it.

EO V is still hands down the best one, imo.

Scott, are you aware you can save at the camp site on that map?

I am not! I knew I could rest there, but getting back after realizing it I ended up circiling around and getting killed before I could get there. I’ll try again, knowing I can save will certainly help, but I need some time away from it for a bit. Maybe I’ll get into it again tonight. Thanks for the tip!

I’ve lost progress a couple of times as well - hit the power button with my pinky and ejected the game cartridge when plugging in the charge cable. lol

Once you keep the save and heal spot in mind, you can explore at your leisure, with the only issue being inventory space (since you cannot sell until you escape).

Oh shit, got caught deep in Giant’s Ruins past several Galatea’s when I realised I had no Ariadne Threads! Only just managed to sneak through to a crevice and get back to the entry without wiping!

Found these at GameFAQ’s

Blurred in case anyone might consider these spoilery, though I guess it’s not really.

Damage/Ailment/Bind Options per Class

Equip-able Gear by Class

Max Stats at Level 99

Max Stats at Level 130

Those are amazing, great find, thanks for sharing!