Euro Truck Simulator 2: Slow Ride

Indeed!

New limited time delivery event:

Rewards are a cute cab plushy and paint job.

It’s too expensive to keep up to date with all the DLC. The multiplayer mod requires all of them. If there were more gameplay besides just driving I would be more tempted. I have 150 hours sunk in the game. The minimalist formula is a safe bet but is also growing a little stale.

Dude. You can roll down your windows now.

Personally, I just find the thing enormously relaxing.

Can you get a trucker’s tan tho

Trucker’s belly you can.

Been working on that for a while.

Not yet! Maybe we’ll get arms at some point and someone will mod that in.

Big SCS sale on Steam, presumably to coincide with the release of Idaho (and 1.38). Discounts on the DLC from 30% for more recent stuff (not Idaho obviously) to 70%. I think I’ll be waiting to pick up Black Sea and Iberia at the same time myself.

For those wanting to buy Idaho, check the Northwest bundle. Good discount there; if you have everything else in the bundle, you can effectively buy Idaho with a significant discount.

I bought it, actually, and I’ll do my best to participate in the current World of Trucks event. Some nice rewards there, I hear.

Nice tip, although in my case “significant” means £2.11. Don’t really care about the paint jobs pack I don’t have.

Since I don’t have Washington or the Forestry Equipment DLC, the extra 30% off on the NW bundle comes to $8 something.

I think I’m gonna hold off for a while–just too many games plus work and IRL BS to deal with.

You have my attention, sir!

(runs off to check Steam)

Honestly, I’ve never used the paint jobs and only a couple of the cabin decorations from these things. So I don’t know why I enjoy doing them, but I do.

I want this little thing:

I’m partial to this guy from “Operation Big Sur” that commemorated the re-opening of Hwy 1:

BTW: The ATS thread is that way --> gentlemen :)

I’d cross-post this post if I knew how to cross-post.

I mentioned a few mods in the ATS thread that I particularly enjoy/can’t play without. They got favorable “oo, I didn’t know I need that until now!” responses. And the even better news is that all the mods I use also have ETS2 editions.

So I thought I’d mention these here:

AI mod for the traffic - adds more traffic and tweaks what appears when based on time and location
Top Corner F2 Mirrors - moves the mirror insets aaaallll the way into the corners
minimal adviser interface for ATS & ETS2 - top bar version - changes the advisor info pane to a little bar; there’s also a version that puts the bar at the bottom

Pretty much the only mod I use now is ProMods. It’s an excellent map pack, but it requires all of the official map DLCs.

I had been using a sound mod I created for personal use that reduced the noise level on turn signals and driver yawns by about 15-20dB. Patch 1.37 broke my mod, but also rendered it unnecessary by adding separate sliders for interior and game sounds volume.

One tip I’ll give is to go into the config.cfg file and find the line that reads ‘uset g_bloom’ (no quotes). Set it to something like 0.2 or 0.3 for a more reasonable bloom level IMO, or just use 0 to turn it off. SCS really ought to add a setting for bloom intensity in the graphics options.

I downloaded the demo of ETS2 and I tried to play it with an Xbox one controller. I can’t seem to figure out how to look around in the cab, which seems kind of important for seeing other traffic. What am I missing?

I play with a Xbox 360 controller and I use the right stick to look around just fine.

You may have to bind the controls yourself if the gamepad is not working how you want it to.