Euro Truck Simulator 2: Slow Ride

Found it, thanks. Will try if that solves the problem I’m having! And I’ll definitely buy the game as soon as Steam tells me it’s on sale!

Anyone else playing with an Xbox controller plugged into the PC? What do you have the gas/throttle mapped to? When I try to set it to the A button, it doesn’t seem to work.

Accelerator is an analogue control, so I imagine you would have to map it to an axis such as one of the triggers.

Yeah, I use the triggers. IIRC, I had to fiddle with the controller settings a bit to get the axes right.

OK, just checked. Acceleration and brake are both Joy Z Axis. Acceleration is “inverted and centered”, braking is just “centered”.

Thanks, yea I fiddled around with the settings some more, ended up with the left joystick being forward for gas, back for break, and the right joystick for steering. Perhaps not ideal but I just wanted to get a feel for the game.

I’m assuming you have a disability, as using the triggers for accelerate and brake are by far the most optimal controls.

Amazing piece on RPS:

I love this game.

Yeah. That’s a great summary of the feel of the game. It is relaxing and boring which is exactly what my tired brain needs sometimes. Just a calm drive on european highways while listening to oldies or BBC talk radio with a small amount of tension at the end of every drive as I manuever through a couple of intersections and try to park at a cramped loading dock.

The business sim parts are just some light RPG stuff on top. Enough to keep me moving forward.

just installed the demo, havent found the time to learn to park yet.

This is half off today on GG, gives ya a Steam key it seems:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EUROTS2/euro-truck-simulator-2

I am so tempted to finally bite on it.

So does this have real-life licensed trucks or just generic ones?

Real-life trucks.

I bit on it, downloading on Steam now. Can’t wait!

I did some runs last night and today, it’s amazing how compelling it is, especially when you add local radio stations.

Also, the first game is on sale on Steam. Is it worth picking up in light of the second being so awesome?

I can’t stop playing this game. OMG.

Yeah, lots of fun. It’s curiously hypnotic and addictive and totally worth the $20 price. The addition of streaming
European radio stations is fantastic.

It’s also an absolute pleasure running on 3 monitors at 5240x1050. I just wish I was better at reversing those cargo containers into the docks. <beep beep beep THUNK>

I’ve not even tried manual parking yet. Too scary. ;-)

I’ve tried. And tried. And tried. And given up.