Europa 1400 The Guild

Ok I take it all back, I played more of my game and finally got to the point where I had expanded my church to the maximum level and decided it was time to hire a master and move on to another type of establishment. Once I hired the master I was raking in 12000 gold a day and the game lost all of it’s challenge. I bought several businesses, a couple of homes, invited the local gentry to dinner and rose up to the second highest position in the land in a period of four years.

I’m completely dissatisfied with the lack of difficulty after you hire a master and promptly uninstalled it.

well i moved naturally from my recent Hardwar sessions onto Elite FFE(patched of course). I find a bit of Elite fills in time real good when the cupboard is bare :wink:

I’m completely dissatisfied with the lack of difficulty after you hire a master and promptly uninstalled it.

You weren’t the first.

Here’s a serious question about this type of game. Did you get your money’s worth? Are you satisfied with the purchase?

Most of the gamers here play so many games we’re pretty quick to see warts and discard things. I’ll guess you played Europa for…15 hours. That’s about what I did. They were a good 15 hours. The game kept my attention for a long time till I saw the emperor had no cloths.

Certainly I would be happier, if the early promise of support on the game had been kept and JoWood had not gone hissy on the developer, but that’s just crying over spilt milk.

So you reached the point where you become completely dissatisfied with the lack of difficulty and promptly uninstalled the game. Was it worth the money ? Was it worth the time?

Tough question, I got the game on go gamer for $15. I would have paid the same for a DVD that would have entertained me for a couple hours or a dinner that would have laster an hour or so. For my entertainment dollar I think I got my money’s worth. That’s why I take my chance on games like this once the drop from the premium price.

On the other hand counter strike source, civilization III, age of empires II, command and conquer red alert, warcraft III, diablo II. Those games have given me hundreds of hours of entertainment each so dollar for dollar I’m better off buying great games than any other form of entertainment.

As far as entertainment goes I got fair value from Europa 1400. As far as gaming value it was a total rip off.