EVE Online: Titan Completion

IMO, not a capital ship as it does not use jump drives or require the Capital Ships skill to fly. Definitely a huge investment, though, and very cool that you guys built it rather than just buying.

Yeah you are probably right. And yeah, the Charon is awesome, though I am not into production and was not involved in actually building the thing, our corp did a lot of mining, etc. that went directly towards it, and I helped with that. And now they permit to Ooh and Aah as it passes by!

I’d be more impressed if the ships didn’t look like massive turds. WTF is up with the design on those massive ships???

I like them.

It looks like it was carved out of an asteroid, which on second thought might be entirely plausible…

This was the first publically acknowledged Titan, yes. The attack on EC- delayed/stopped any D2 plans. The attack on The Big Blue delayed/stopped any mercentile based arrangements. That leaves BoB and RA. RA was rumored to have purchased a Titan BPO, and BoB has had the funds, the time, and the resources to have pulled it off. RA on the other hand has not had secure space to let a Titan cook for as long as it takes.

I would not be surprised if BoB beat ASCN to completion, but BoB likes grandoise statements that alludes to an impending impact on the universe. Merely completing a Titan would not fit that bill, it carries much more “oomph” at posting time if they surprise everyone with their fielding of a Titan with a thousand guns behind it to highlight their new venture :)

Disclaimer: There are many other alliances capable of Titan production, but I suspect that Mothership creation is a much higher priority for them.

~C~

Having only seen titans in that picture that Nutsak just re-linked prior to now, I didn’t realize: that titan has a giant face engraved on the front armor. If you look at the hanger door, and the positioning of the lights above it, you can clearly see that it makes out the pattern of a face, with lights for eyes and nostrils. Pretty cool, and VERY Amarr.

The attack on EC- delayed/stopped any D2 plans.

D2 never had any plans for a Titan - what they DID have was a mothership being built there, and that got out a day before the lockdown.

No-one’s mentioned the doomsday weapon yet. Here is some examples:

http://www.student.ru.nl/martindevillers/titans_imageshack.html
http://www.student.ru.nl/martindevillers/ykywi_imageshack.html

Click BOOM.

While ASCN are hostile to my lot, I’m stoked for them - yes, it’s an example of 'orrible grind but that really is a stunning ship and I can’t wait to see it in action (probably alongside their motherships as ASCN tear up our space…)

Is it the first titan?

To arrive in the game ten months after it was patched in? ;p

I’m surprised it works. If it works.

It’s the first titan because it takes a mammoth undertaking of gathering resources and establishing a secure area to build it, Hrose. Why would you think it doesn’t work?

Mmorpg trend.

Usually those things are used as “cockblocks”. It means they patch it unfinished because they know that noone will actually be able to fly one within the next six months, so they have time to work on it later on, eventually.

I liked the idea of titans, but it’s time that CCP does something even for the thousands of players who cannot access that hardcore level even with binocluars.

The live server has problems, Kali gets continuously delayed and in the interviews I read they are already moving staff on new projects. I’m getting bitter about CCP.

Cause he predicted it in his… oh darn we can’t do this anymore, can we?

At least the jump drive works. I can’t find the URL but there is one in that thread.

Because it mostly doesn’t work. And a GM has all but confirmed that this is the first player-produced Titan in the game, although we all know that they have alts in BoB, so maybe that’s not the case after all. ;-)

I will grant you the bits about Kali delays and live server problems. You basically can’t change the political map in EVE right now because any kind of large-scale combat at a player-owned structure is going to crash the node. However, why should CCP do something for the thousands of players who can’t access that hardcore level? You don’t want to catass billions of ISK to build your titan? Don’t do it. There’s plenty else to do, and I’d rather some things stayed rare.

EDIT: Wait, do you even play the game?

cool someone unlocked the Titan class.

See? My skepticism was justified.

Again, it’s a mmorpg trend. If you follow this genre you start to see repeating patterns across games.

As I said above I supported the idea of titans a year ago, when they were hyped and patched in. So I’m not compaining about their presence in the game.

I just don’t support CCP much when from a side they have problems on the server and the development of the game is crawling, while on the other side the PR guys are already rumoring about new titles in development.

Eve had a disastrous launch. If it was able to grow till the point where it is today because of CCP commitment, instead of saying “okay, let’s learn from the mistakes and do something from scratch”.

I don’t think you quite grasp how capital ship construction works, Hrose. It’s not bugged, or glitched, or unfinished code, so far as I know. They just haven’t built the optional parts to add the cloning bays or superweapon and such. First you build the ship itself, then you add on the accessories.

This is correct. Apparently the jump portal generator works, as well, and I was mistaken re: that.

No, I know that.

I surely don’t know if the titan works as expected or not, I was just skeptical for reasons explained above.