Ever wondered what life is like in the Frop Bog?

Frogs don’t pee???

(and yes, it was almost certaintly a toad, as they were more common in terms of being places you could pick them up when I was a kid)

They do, they’re just better behaved than Toads.

Toads, frogs, they’re all good.

download

Hey Jeff, that video was just what I needed last night. I had a tough 11-hour shift and was still pretty wound up before bed, and was worried I wouldn’t be able to get to sleep.

I watched the video, and it put me in a very good place, and calmed me down greatly. The happiness in your voice was a big part of that, along with the antics of the frogs. Brought a big smile to my face, and I slept great.

So thank you, and I hope to see you do more of these!

Thank you Giles!

You guys see peaceful but I can’t get this out of my head:
https://viewsync.net/watch?v=O_qaFoV8-94&t=173&v=e8-sMJZTYf0&t=0&mode=solo

LOL! Very nice!

JP, this reminds me of this dude, who takes care of foster kittens, and has set up a live stream of them.
http://purrfectpals.org/about/foster-kitten-cams/

If you set something like this up for the frops, I feel like folks would be interested.

I’ve thought of such a thing. Mostly because I’m super curious to see what’s going on out there at night (and also can spy on (or look out) for predators). The outdoor camera thing would be a bit of a challenge for me. But I would like to do it. Cost is an issue as I’d need a good camera that can see in the dark as well as light. Would need a decent zoom.

One of my big projects this summer is underground electrical (I’ve been running extension cords for years which is bad). I could piggy back this onto that project since they could use the same feed.

I just realized the thread title says “Frop Bog”. Has it always said that and I am just now noticing it?

It’s always been like that, but I couldn’t tell you why.

I always assumed it was some kind of play on “Frog Bop”, but it couldn’t be that easy, and also I wouldn’t know what a Frog Bop is.

It’s the bog where the frops live.

AmBiEn InFuSeD HeFfAlUmPs is not too dissimilar to Frop Bog.

Beware the Woozles

Frog bog is but one typo away from forever distinctive.

Yesterday @jpinard was a gracious host to myself and two of the kids from the after-school tutoring program that I help with. The frogs were a little sluggish due to weather in the 60s F, but we still saw plenty of action when food came into the picture!

I think this is my favorite little clip, one of the girls getting up close and person with some frog feeding: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4HY943xosZece4AP9

Thanks @jpinard for hosting a fun visit!

Oh that’s beautiful! Thanks for posting those man!

Those are a lot of great clips! What a wonderful experience for those girls!

It was wonderful! Those two are so smart too! By the time they left they were successfully identifying the gender of each frog on the way out. Really enjoy being able to share the experience.

Since we didn’t have time to feed the crickets (had a small ziploc of them from our cricket farm), was going to just put them back and decided to just shake it a bit into the middle of the winter bog. Trying to feed them one by one is challenging since crickets bound off so quick. I didn’t expect much when dumping them into the middle, but the result was amazing! We saw a few frogs in that specific bog, but when I shook those 15 crickets out, a plethora suddenly appeared out of thin air (errrr from the mud) and it was a mass feeding frenzy. When it’s a bit warmer I’ll take video to try and replicate it.