Everspace 2 announcement trailer

I’ve spent several hours just looking around the very limited areas available in the prototype. There isn’t that much hidden stuff to find there, but there’s tons of it in the alpha. This makes me quite happy.

Btw, you Can invert the ‘pitch axis’ just not the ‘camera pitch axis’ but it behaves really strangely if you use that.

Are you playing the alpha? I would have kickstarted this if I had known about it, but I guess I can wait for EA.

No, but have watched a fair bit of footage from it. Yeah me too, and apparently there were multiple post-ks campaigns, the last of which ended just a couple of weeks before the alpha.

Still, the content in Alpha is just the Ceto system. More than the prototype, but still fairly limited. When they go into EA late this year, there will be much more content added. And they plan to be in EA for a year. So, as much as I’m excited for this, just as well to wait for EA

I assume the planetary combat is not present in the prototype, only the alpha onwards? I tried flying into the planet and it made it pretty clear that would be a bad idea.

Yeah, no planetary locations. Even in the final game, it will be specific places you can do that.

Played around a bit more, loving this even in prototype form. It’s just my thang, really. Also, the action camera is great.

Do they have focus/aperture/etc adjustments for that in the prototype? They do in Alpha and are going to be adding more features to the photo mode. Seems like something they are rather excited about.

It doesn’t look like it, unless they’re undocumented controls. Good to know they have built upon it.

@krayzkrok @Alistair

Though they hadn’t planned to do so, the prototype had been updated with a couple of tweaks, including the ability to invert controls. There’s also a gamma slider and a couple of graphics options can be disabled (chromatic aberration and motion blur.

We also have the first footage of in-cockpit view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbFeLz1I38&feature=youtu.be

Woohoo!

Awesome! And it’s looking fantastic. I’ll try the invert controls tonight.

Seems like yours should be inverted already mate :)

ʇnoqɐ ƃuᴉʞlɐʇ ǝɹ,noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ɐǝpᴉ ou ǝʌɐɥ I

:)

I’ll give this another go but the floaty reticule is still making it a little hard to handle. I hope they have whatever options were in the first game.

They’re not inverted, but dogfight circles go in the other direction. *

* Yes, I know it’s not true.

I am so ready for this game. I just checked for the release date and now I see theres a demo I need to install as soon as I get home.

The demo is a year old and not at all representative of the alpha, let alone the actual game. Still cool, though.

Any way to get in on the alpha or beta?

Not anymore. They will go into early access hopefully later this year. There is also expected to be a major content dump at that point, so it will be a good time to jump in.

Tired of waiting for Everspace 2? Watch another video! Always worth reminding yourself that it keeps looking better and better.

I love the insane maneuverability on this ship.