Everspace 2

They’re not inverted, but dogfight circles go in the other direction. *

* Yes, I know it’s not true.

I am so ready for this game. I just checked for the release date and now I see theres a demo I need to install as soon as I get home.

The demo is a year old and not at all representative of the alpha, let alone the actual game. Still cool, though.

Any way to get in on the alpha or beta?

Not anymore. They will go into early access hopefully later this year. There is also expected to be a major content dump at that point, so it will be a good time to jump in.

It looks like the ship is not affected by gravity while on the planet?

Yeah, there’s no gravity… or it’s automatically compensated for or something

It’s very cool looking, but it’s also extremely arcade-y. I’m not sure what exactly I’m clamoring for, but it’s not that.

Realism isn’t exactly a hallmark of looter shooters, but fair. Eric (the guy in that video) does a stream every week that runs about 2 hours, so there’s plenty of footage out there for anyone that wants more.

Just ordered a VKB Gladiator joystick yesterday with this and SWS in mind

I feel like space has too many stars. :)

Like, oh my god, it’s full of’em, you know?

Yeah the version of space that we’re thinking of is unrealistic anyway, but there are degrees. You can have a pretend realism that takes into account more than just shooting lasers at things, just as you can have a more fleshed out fantasy environment that is dedicated to details and consistency within certain rulesets.

So, endgame for EV2 is going to include Diablo-style rifts as an option.

Also, there are going to be some opportunities to get beta access on PCGamer next week

This game is prettier than Diablo.

No damage to ground structures is not good though IMO.

I guess @krayzkrok is excited about this game, it has too many asteroids for my liking.

Early access starts December 2020.

That looks like a lot of damned fun!

The music is amazing, I really dug it. Shazam tells me it’s Candy Girls by Drop Your Weapon.

Yeah it looks really good, I am just teasing @krayzkrok .

The Early Access release has just been moved to a Cyberpunk-avoiding January.

Bleh.