Everspace - Rogue-lite space combat meets Unreal 4

I really like the 3rd person view, when I do pick this up, I want to give that a try for sure. Also like he uses cloak a lot.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether the recent VR focused patched fixed issues people were having? It sounds like it could get pretty bad.

As near as I can tell, it fixed the crashing issues I was having with the Vive.

-Tom

Thanks Tom, I’m quite excited to give this one a spin in VR. You go, girl :p

Picked this up in the sale, and once past my initial disappointment I’m finding it very moreish. I’d seen some screens, but ignored the thread not wanting too many spoilers.

I guess my initial issues were lack of much story/characters, and I hadn’t quite clicked what the rogue-like bit actually meant but once I sussed it and the rest of the gameplay out I realised what I should be doing. I’m finding it very tricky though, sometimes you are low on fuel, arrive in an area that seems barren and kinda get stuck and have to risk a jump where you get damaged, am i missing something?

So, we never had any issues with this for the Oculus Rift. Sarah loves this game in VR. It’s hands down her favorite.

You get better sensors later that show things more at a distance, there is usually some fuel on the level. It is worth approaching groups of asteroids as there are sometimes derelict spaceships or enemy bases that might have fuel. You can also wait eventually for some enemies to warp in, if you defeat them, they usually drop some fuel.

Didn’t realise this had fixed its VR support. Guess I’m buying it then!

Good news for those who own HOTAS.

The big update’s out!

New Features

• Added Hardcore Mode
  • Windows (64bit): Added Joystick and HOTAS support
  • Windows: New controls menu to freely configure Mouse/Keyboard, Gamepad and other input
  • Windows: Added TrackIR support
  • VR: Added mouse / keyboard support
  • Added new languages: Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Korean
  • Added a spectator camera that can be activated during Action Freeze mode
  • Added basic colorblind option affecting HUD marker colors
  • Added option to select the anti-aliasing method (Off / FXAA / Temporal AA)
  • Added option to change the screen percentage in non-VR mode
  • Added option to toggle Motion Blur
  • Added option to toggle Chromatic Aberration
  • Mac: Steam Achievements and backer rewards (via Steam) now working on Mac

Plus tweaks and bug fixes.

Expansion?

I stink at the game, but I’m looking forward to the expansion!

I need this.

off to steam

Tom’s “most surprising” list convinced me. I hadn’t realized this was out of Early Access. It’s a Play Anywhere title and 50% off right now. $15 on Windows Store. Sold!

Get the expansion as well you guys!

I really love the combat in this game, probably my favorite space combat since the tie fighter games. I just wish it had a proper storyline with missions instead of being a rogue like.

Get Galaxy of Fire 2 HD on steam. Made by the same folks, but not a roguelike.

Played and finished that on iPad, everspace the combat was even tighter.

Agreed, a real refinement of the formula, to be sure.

I bought it, but only put half an hour into it. Wasn’t really grabbing me with the controller (I couldn’t figure out how to roll for instance). Maybe I should dig out my joystick? Guess I need to put more time into it…