Everspace - Rogue-lite space combat meets Unreal 4

Now all we need are Switch humble bundles to come into existence.

Never going to happen, fortunately.

Maybe someone will gift me a Switch?

Sure, that seems likely.

Might as well have a spot in the resident Youtube thread, but hey.

I hate YouTubers. Did @BrianRubin get any of that sweet EverSpace payola?

Interesting article. Surprised they say Reddit is effective though, a lot of game specific Reddit’s I have been to mostly just contain screenshots, fan art, and the occasional rumor, nothing too exciting. I gave up on reddit for game info. Not to mention they never seem that active.

As far as finding good youtubers, I don’t watch much and I can think of a dozen of them at are good at their jobs. Doesn’t seem like it would take much work. If nothing else, flood YouTube with free copies to the smaller streamers.

My exact reaction when I bumped into that story.

Er…thank you? And no, I actually Kickstarted this one.

It seems to really vary by subreddit. Some game-specific subreddits can be very active and engaging, while others are ghost towns.

Just expressing sentiment that they should have gone to a respected and knowledgeable fan of the genre.

I don’t have the viewership of these larger streamers, not by a long shot.

At the bottom of the article they talk about it being more effective to find smaller twitch streamers who are just good at the game.

Of course, “smaller” is relative.

Yeah, it’ll likely be a long time before anyone offers me any money to stream their game, if ever. I’m actually fine with that, really.

So… paying streamers can be ok or shady depending on whether that is done transparently or not, so I don’t necessarily have issues with that.

However, later in the article, the devs admit to doing things like posting false information and feeding trolls to get more views/sales. And I find that abhorrent to say the least.

Yeah, that makes me feel very conflicted. We had the devs on the podcast a while back, and they were SO NICE. I also really love their game. UGH.

I’m sort of fine with this.

I think it’s okay. I’ve come to find that those at least get me quick and informative viewing of newly released games, and I think that’s part of the point. Call it … third party tutorials if you will. I learn by watching, then I decide if I want the game, and get some initial tips on playing.

Schade revealed how it’s easy to bend the truth through social media, suggesting to your audience that things are more popular than they first appear.

So I guess what works for US elections campaigning also works for games marketing. Ugh.

I am increasingly distancing myself from social media and all its bullshit.

Also, every time I read or hear the word “Influencer” it feels like someone pressed a heavy duty nail-gun to my temple and pulled the trigger a few times.

From experience, I can tell you most of those keys end up on G2A or equivalent. There are SO MANY scammers and so many people that are just doing the minimum to try to score free games. I was shocked how much effort they’ll go through to get 1 or 2 keys.

I am pretty sure @BrianRubin could be bought with as little as a jelly donut. ;) To try out a space game. :D