Everspace - Rogue-lite space combat meets Unreal 4

I once had a chocolate doughnut, with chocolate filling and chocolate icing. It was amazing. I recall it was from either a Giant or A&P grocery store bakery none the less. I also recall it being very big, like you could put it in the palm of your hand, and barely see your finger tips.

Ahem, I am a space sim fan of the first order, good sir. How dare you HOW DARE YOU insinuate I am anything other.

;)

That said, having played both methods in Everspace, I agree with the devs that 3rd person, M+K is the way to go with this game. But yes, it’s good to have options.

I always forget that not everywhere has a huge Polish population and therefore people don’t know about paczki’s. I personally prefer regular donuts, but man, people get really excited for these on Fat Tuesday.

I never really cared for doughnuts and eclairs and most pastries. Way too many calories, and most just taste okay. Just an overload of sugar and fat for too little payoff. But what changed that was having Krispy Kreme for the first time in 1999 or so. Oh man, just the way it melts in your mouth. I know it’s still got too much sugar and all that, but at least the payoff was worth the health cost.

But even then, I try to limit myself to really rare donuts, maybe once every couple of years. And only from places like Krispy Kreme, when it’s fresh. But that does limit what kind of variety I can try in any given decade. So it’s hard to come up with a “favorite” donut, when I have it so rarely.

But I’ll be on the lookout for a triple chocolate next time. That sounds pretty good.

It was! And the filling wasn’t the chocolate pudding type , it was more like a sugary-grainy whipped chocolate cream.

So, it’s currently 15 on the MS store, and I so credit that will disappear soon. Is this game any good right now?

Of course it is.

I can’t get into it. I’ve tried it on PC (kb/mouse) and Xbox (thanks to Play Anywhere), and the controls are much too floaty for my liking. It’s all but unplayable for me.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Did you try first person mode for the Xbox controller? It controls more like a space sim and feels like a space sim in first person.

It’s been a while, so I can’t say for certain, but I lean towards yes. But I can reinstall and make sure sometime soon. It would be cool if it were playable for me, because it looks right up my alley otherwise.

Out on PS4

Isthereanydeal.com

$12 from Humble…

Do I need to be a subscriber?

Nope.

Okay, sold. :)

Got this in the Steam sale - a few hours in and really enjoying this, scratches an longstanding itch. And damn it looks good.

Another one I loved, but remains unfinished due to time and just so many other games. I really need to see if there’s any creds cheats so I can get myself a decent ship and kit and go explore and just take in all those beautiful sights.

I think that should be a standard in all games, a cheat/super easy mode so middle aged types with limited time can see through a game/see the story end.

It took me a couple of hours to work out what the heck I was doing but loving this now on the Rift. Sliding around an asteroid it reminded me of that first mission in Battlezone 2, when you’re in your hover scout on Venus.

Space games in VR are interesting because there’s not the much in space to illustrate scale, which is where VR amazes. Everspace has big holey space rocks for you to nose through, plus planets filling half the horizon, plus plentiful asteroid fields. If space consisted of more actual space I think this would be less impressive.

This game is okay, but is too primitive and meager for me to really enjoy it. I prefer a stronger narrative, being able to explore, more quests, NPCs, etc. More like your typical RPG, basically.

You bought a space shooter and are disappointed it’s not an RPG?