Everspace - Rogue-lite space combat meets Unreal 4

Ah - I have a feeling turning off the cockpit is a big no-no in VR. I get vertigo as it is whenever I emerge from some asteroid tunnel into open space :) I also only have the starting ship - I couldn’t squander 10,000 on a luxury :/

I was thinking of your love for whatever that new Descent game is when I was scooting around inside some of the big structures - Krayzkrok would love this!

Is there a way to open red hatches in wrecks do you know?

Access keys are sometimes dropped by elite enemies.

Oh is that it?

In latest news, black holes really do suck :(

This is probably one of the biggest peeves I have regarding space sims. E.g. asteroids, moons and planets that are too tiny.

EVERSPACE has some very nice background renders, meaning planets are REALLY BIG!!

Do you have the Encounters dlc?

Ah, on one hand I quite fancy more content or variety but on the other hand I want to be done, man :/

I want to say thanks for all the activity on this thread recently. Ever time it comes up for sale on the Xbox, I hem and haw over buying it. I think next time I’ll finally bit the bullet- it seems to happen vaguely regularly.

And now it’s on sale two days later for $12. Guess I have to bite. Is three Encounters DLC for another $8 worth it?

Thank god progress in the bit that comes after the first bits is persisted :/

Woo! Made it.Clone 32 I think after 28 hours. Now onto the end game I guess? Think a break might be needed before this. Subnautica beckons!

I am playing on Easy :)

9 bucks on steam today (us) for anyone interested afterward arching Tom stream it.

Just pre-ordered Stellar edition for Switch for 32 bucks.

I was generously gifted this game. After playing it abit I picked up the dlc on sale and am now totally addicted to the game. I can see why people loved it and said the dlc is worth it. I can’t imagine playing it without the additional people you meet along the way. And I’m glad they made the decision to continue their stories even with your resets.

Now if only I could make it through a complete run, but I’m still enjoying the repeated journeys.

Guess I just needed to post to get me some luck…finally completed a run. Now to see if I can do it again.

I suck at this game, so for me it’s kind of a disappointment.

I too suck at it, Ive never got beyond sector 4 in [checks…] 56 tries. I usually run out of nanobots or fuel. It was only reading the last few posts here this morning did i realise it ends at sector 7, I associate “rogue” with infinite dungeons and had assumed this all along. I guess with a target i should finish it rather than just drop in every now and then when i want to look at something pretty

Me, too.

I’ve reached the point where I’m no longer looking at rogue-likes at all, because they’re obviously not for me, because both my time and my patience are too limited to do something again and again in order to improve to the point where I can possibly make it to the end. That said, rogue-like strategy games seem to be okay for me, at least stuff like Invisible, Inc. and Into the Breach, which both allow you to reach the end on more or less your own terms, then unlock more stuff for you to play around with, difficulty settings to tinker with, and so on. I wish Everspace did something like that.

Everspace is a pretty game, though. But I’ve uninstalled now because after spending so much time with it without ever reaching the end, I feel like it’s a waste of time to continue playing.

I take it everyone tried Easy?

Your ship does get tougher every run so difficulty does drift downwards…

The game doesn’t necessarily end at Sector 7 or wherever. There’s a plot interlude which changes gamplay for a bit, then back into the meta grind if you choose. I ducked out at that point.

So I stopped being a picky little crybaby about this game and gave it another shot after setting it aside back in 2017 or so. I originally played this on my OG Xbox One, but had horrible performance problems, which made for unresponsive, slow, floaty controls. But I’ve since upgraded to Xbox One X and I decided to give it another shot.

The game performs much better on my Xbox One X, and I’m finally having a great time with it. As I mentioned in some previous post, I suspected this sort of game would be right up my alley, and it turns out that it actually is when the ship handles well.

I haven’t kept track of my specific progress so far, but I think I’ve blown through 30~40 lives and the furthest I’ve gotten is halfway through Sector 4. I’ve only played and upgraded the default ship so far, but I still have quite a ways to go before I’ve unlocked everything on it.

Because I tend to play through Sectors 1, 2 and 3 so often, I ended up buying the DLC to spice up those areas some. I enjoy the new characters and minor quests they’ve handed me, and eventually I’ll get around to trying out that new-fangled ship. But for now, it’s just grind, grind, grind in an effort to fully upgrade the first one. The DLC is also nice because I end up with more resources thanks to friendly NPCs and the like.

I’m not a fan of how close some of the drones get in sectors 3 & 4, because I can never find the damn things and shoot them and I end up having to witch to 3rd-person mode just to see where they’re sapping me from, but there’s tools specifically for dealing with them, and I just have to make sure to show up prepared.

At the moment my favorite loadout is more or less the default weapons, both upgraded for energy efficiency and rate of fire increases. I don’t mind switching back and forth between two different weapons when trying to maximize my shield and armor damage, so i haven’t played around much with most of the other stuff. I do know for certain that I hate the shotgun thingie, whatever it’s called. I mostly like mid/long range chain gunning.

I’m curious to know if there’s any correlations between the number of access keys in a run vs the number of locked compartments and chests, since sometimes I’m pretty sure I’ve scoured everything on every map leading up to a locked chest or something,but never ran across a single key along the way.

I love arcadey shooters.