Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - PS4 Exclusive

Yesssssss!

-Todd

Half off during the Steam Summer Sale, any final thoughts? Is it worth it?

Yeah, totally.

If I hated Dear Esther, but thought Gone Home was OK - any chance this will click for me? Walking simulators tend to bore me a bit, but if there is an interesting story / characters or a way I can influence the story to my liking then I’ve got a better chance of staying interested. I gather there really isn’t much ‘game’ to it. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter had some really good puzzles that kept me interested along with having a beautiful world to explore.

I would guess not. There’s really nothing to the gameplay other than walking around, looking at the environment, and listening to the story. Granted, it’s a gorgeous environment, and a good story with some very nice voice acting, but that’s it. And you walk reeeaaally slooooowly.

Do you go slowly even using the right bumper (I think) to speed it up? I saw a post saying they forgot to mention one of the controller buttons speeds up movement (at least on the port).

Even with the right bumper, it was still slower than I would have liked. Plus, there’s like a five ramp up once you hold it down. It was enough to markedly lower my enjoyment, and I’m someone who absolutely loved Dear Esther, with 12 hours on record in Steam.

Thanks. I think I’ll wait until it is really cheap and then try it out. Definitely has potential to be a flop to me, but worth checking out at the right price.

Whoops, looks like Chinese Room are shutting up shop (at least for a while).

I love their games (though I can’t play the new one as it’s a Google Daydream VR exclusive title, and my S7 Edge doesn’t support Daydream).

I thought they laid off their people back in July?

The Chinese Room now part of Sumo Group.

http://www.sumo-digital.com/sumo-group-acquires-the-chinese-room/

So… I’m very late to the party and tried to play this game this weekend. I REALLY tried, but about halfway through I just couldn’t take the DAMN SLOW CRAWLING SNAILPACED movement. I guess they wanted you to soak in the pretty landscape and to take your time, but this was horrible.

Basically I quit out of the game and watched a youtube assembly of all the cutscenes.

Overall an interesting game and if the movement had been better, I would have enjoyed it, but as it is that walking speed basically killed the game for me. (even including the slight speedup with the “run” button.)

SPOILER:

So basically the whole world is gone and thats a good thing, as everyone is happy now? Quite an interesting take on the “alien abduction” angle that is pretty much always presented as a negative.

No worries, I picked it up in 2017 and then forgot about the game totally till you bumped this thread.