Everything Everywhere All At Once - Multiverse of madness with Michelle Yeoh

Sean Carroll’s Mindscape, just posted an interview with the Daniels (the directors of the movie). Mindscape 193 | Daniels on Everything, Everywhere, All at Once - YouTube

I really, really enjoyed this. I was fortunate enough not to know anything about the movie before watching it and I think it helped me as I didn’t know what to expect and that helped with my enjoyment of the movie. I thought there was a couple of times where it was close to going off the rails, but I think the movie kept it together.

@Tyjenks his voice sounded so familiar and I thought it was Short Round, but I assumed I was wrong. It was a delight to find out Ke Huy Quan did play Short Round all those years ago. I thought he was just great in his role.

I think my first Michelle Yeoh movie was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I thought she was very good in that, but I think she was even better in this. The movie fails if she can’t pull it off and she did so with aplomb.

I’ll definitely have to check out whatever the Daniels do next.

I’ve seen multiple interviews with her crying, saying, “I’m glad that audiences will finally have a change to see what I’m capable of.” She’s excellent in everything I’ve seen her in, but I can see how coming from an action-movie background would make the acting part seem secondary. It’s wonderful that she’s getting a chance to show a broader range of emotional depth.

But on the action side, her stories about working on Police Story 3 are stunning! I don’t know how you pull off stunts like this.

Add me to the chorus. Two hot dog thumbs up!

Fun to see them throw some outlandish, random-ass idea into the mix… only to then develop it into a fully-formed subplot. And this happens again and again and again.

Wow, what a ride! Loved it.

This is the perfect movie for the big screen to me.

This was the best movie I’ve seen all year. I was pretty surprised how R-rated the proceedings got. I kind of had the feeling this was more family friendly from the trailers.

I saw it the other night, and yeah, that scene. o_0

The look between them as Checkovs butt plug is on the desk is perfect.

I had mentally noted that the award was oddly shaped way when it was introduced and, knowing a little genre savvy, figured that might come into play somehow. But I never imagined like that!

I thought it was just a funny IRS joke- her awards for being a pain in the ass, so to speak. And then when they showed back up I was like NO THEY AREN’T GOING THERE. And they did.

I haven’t checked to be 100% sure, but from the behind-the-scenes footage, I believe the two guys are the stunt coordinators.

I am confused, is this a Marvel movie?? I thought it was a Doctor Strange thing. It is not? I just read that it is great, so I don’t want to get spoiled… however, I don’t want to watch another of those MCU movies

No. It’s not a Marvel movie. The title of this thread is misleading.

Watched it, liked it, but the jokes were mildly funny… I don’t konw when I have laughed last time about a butt plug joke (maybe never), but that joke really fell flat for me. I liked the hot dog fingers, not only as a joke, but as creating lore and background, and how it is important to the story.

+1 for including of the Portsmouth Sinfonia and their botched version of Also Sprach Zarathustra. The Portsmouth were a british music ensemble, where professional musicians all played instruments that they had not studied/learned. They were so bad, it really fitted the universe…

There is a Doctor Strange movie coming out about the Multiverse Of Madness. But that is because hordes of multiverses are the hot new hordes of zombies subgenre. We’re over stories about placid or aggressive consumption behaviors. Now we hunger for stories about how if circumstances were right, our lives would have been much better, but at least they aren’t worse.

As a zombie-hater, I can only say “thank god” that we’ve moved to a more interesting phase.

Also Everything Everywhere All At Once may be in my top 20 favorite movies of all time. I’ve seen it twice in theaters in the last 10 days.

Having gone back to watch the trailer, I am so, so, sooooo glad I went into this totally blind. It was my favorite movie of the year, but I think its impact may have been significantly diminished had I had any idea of what was in store for me.

JustWatch claims it is coming to streaming on May 19th, but it doesn’t say where…

Speaking of which, is there any way to know how long EEAAO is going to be in theaters in my area?

Can anyone elaborate (without details) on the R-rating of this? Can my daughters (nearly 14/16) watch this? Is it just a matter of R-rated stuff they may- or may not understand (like the mentioned butt plug), or is it more than that?

I really want to watch this, and so does my 13/nearly 14 year old. But I’d like to know upfront if that is a bad idea…

It’d certainly be a better idea than the family at my screening that decided to take their >5 year old to The Northman.