Everything (the bagel)

So what’s the deal with this thing? Is this anyone’s favorite bagel? Doesn’t it have too many flavors?

My favorite bagel is still to combine a sweet bagel with a savory cream cheese. Or to have a salty type bagel with a sweet cream cheese.

This bagel?

Delicious!

Whole wheat everything is my favorite!

Too many flavors? What the hell is wrong with you?

My wife bought everything bagel seasoning and puts it on eggs, toast, and whatever else she can she bought it lol.

Everything bagels are my favorite :)

Yep, best bagel.

Oh, I thought this was a local supermarket thing but you guys have it over the Atlantic too so obviously not! :-)

We’re talking sesame and poppy seeds, garlic and onion, right? If so, totally the best. With some quality butter on, holy shit.

Edit: @Rock8man, props for the amusing title too given the other Everything thread. Irresistible.

Real everything bagels also have kosher salt. And the proper condiment is cream cheese.

Ah, noted. One to try.

That’s likely what I’ve been doing wrong.

Since I try to pair the proper bagel with the cream cheese that tastes best with it. Onion bagels with strawberry cream cheese. Blueberry bagels with Veggie cream cheese. Cinnamon bagels with onion&chives cream cheese. Everything bagels with…

Well, since Everything bagels are already overloaded with flavor, it’s probably best to go with just plain cream cheese. Keep that part as simple as possible to not get overloaded with flavor. [quote=“BrianRubin, post:4, topic:128943”]
Too many flavors? What the hell is wrong with you?
[/quote]

… Or in Brian’s case, maybe the most complex cream cheese flavor you can find. Is there an everything cream cheese?

Everything bagel with cream cheese is wonderful. Make that into a lox bagel sandwich and it turns divine. Around here, Einstein Brothers is my go-to for them. Bonus - Costco bagels are made by Einstein, and they’re pretty decent toasted at home even after a few days. They freeze pretty well too.

I actually just recently had my first bagel with lox at my local Einstein Bros. It was not very good. It was very strange. Philadelphia makes a smoked salmon cream cheese that I think is really tasty. I was expecting something along those lines I guess? Sort of a smoky salmon flavor and some saltiness from the capers. Instead it was fishy and cold and the onions overpowered everything else. Not enjoyable at all.

I’m a pretty adventurous eater and even stuff I don’t like I can usually at least appreciate why other people might enjoy it. A lox bagel is not one of those things at this time.

Definitely give butter a whirl, though I imagine if you’re accustomed to cream cheese on your bagels it might seem a bit ‘thin’. We don’t usually have cream cheese in the house so it’s rarely an option for us!

ALL YOU NEED IS PLAIN CREAM CHEESE AND LOX. Geez.

I like poppy-seed toasted with the jalapeno smear at Einstein’s.

I think the actual texture and taste of lox is off putting to many. Cold, salty, fishy, and chewy. Throw in some more salt with capers, but the tomato and onion are there to balance that, unless the onions are super strong, which I enjoy personally, but admit not everyone loves onion and garlic as much as I do.

I mean, is there even such a thing as too much garlic and onions?

Shit no. Pile that shit ON I say.

Savory Bagel : Everything

Sweet Bagel: Blueberry

Einstein is mediocre. Brueggers is clearly the superior bagel chain.