Evil Avatar, AKA Cheap Shot's 'R Us

It’s not up to us, it’s all a publisher thing. I think the reason they brought out the CE is because it had been done for other regions that shipped later and so they thought they would offer it here. I think they are well aware the CEs don’t sell all that well in North America, but I guess it’s better to have the option than not.

I’m done with it. If he wants to write tomes across multple posts because he doesn’t know what to respond with, thats his problem. I only mentioned it within the context of my post and because I thought his post was rather surprising, if not hypocritical to say the least.

And if he keeps it up, I’ll just create a post contain all the 23 emails between myself, him, Phil, Rick (the EA site owner I think), legal and the person who responded from his [John] company, in the capacity as his boss).

Try me John. Just try me.

Personally, I would love DVD CEs with interviews, art and full res cutscenes, but it’s a bit of chicken/egg situation for demand.

heh, I wouldn’t know. I never did read past the first few lines.

'ang on a minute, I thought thats what I was doing! :D :D :D

Actually, I think it might have sold fairly well if it had come during the game’s release, it’s just the 5 months after release delay that doesn’t work. Certainly any one with a strong enough interest to buy a CE of it has already bought the original game and probably doesn’t feel like paying for that part again.

Sorry guys, I can’t resist. Derek, please post the imaginary emails from my employer you got by way of the Wonderland post. Or at least her name. I’ll try you! And remember! Beware the jub jub bird, and shun the frumious bandersnatch!

Kiss Kiss, Johnny B.

It’s not up to us, it’s all a publisher thing. I think the reason they brought out the CE is because it had been done for other regions that shipped later and so they thought they would offer it here. I think they are well aware the CEs don’t sell all that wel lin North America, but I guess it’s better to have the option than not.[/quote]

Thanks DaveC for answering my browbeating questions. I do appreciate developer posts in any form on any site. This site is as good as any for feedback of any type as the majority of posters are intelligent, huge game fans, and put a decent amount of thought into their initial posts and reply.

Personally, I owuld love DVD CEs with interviews, art and full res cutscenes, but it’s a bit of chicken/egg situation for demand.
I agree…'twould be awesome. Let’s see how Document of Metal Gear Solid does (I know, I’m like a Konami PR hack today)…maybe it’ll spur further moves in that direction.

Oh, and to echo Ty, thanks for being so candid.

Hey, no echoing here either. Damn you Evil Avatar people are loud and obnoxious. :)

Dr. Crypt and Naked you guys were two of the best posters on Evil Avatar. If you will be posting here I will be checking these forums regularly.

(blush)

I think I’m going to have to go through some posting re-eductation first…obviously, obnoxiousness is not as welcome here as it was at EvilAvatar.

(looks around site, notices raging Gamecube thread)

Oh wait…

It was me that made the Guest post, I forgot to log in.

It’s not up to us, it’s all a publisher thing. I think the reason they brought out the CE is because it had been done for other regions that shipped later and so they thought they would offer it here. I think they are well aware the CEs don’t sell all that well in North America, but I guess it’s better to have the option than not.[/quote]

Well, Infogrames really made a stupid decision not to release the CE in North America when the game was released. A highly anticipated D20 game like NWN from a respected developer like BioWare is going to sell some CE copies. Now, however, the target audience of a CE already has a copy of the game, so it’s a much harder sell.

Anyway, Infogrames, and due to guilt by association, BioWare, deserve some raspberries for releasing it now. Nothing wrong with doing that, of course, but sarcastic and derisive remarks are to be expected.

Now just let me control a party in the expansion and I’ll be happy!

Even if the expansion is named “Barrels 'n Chests of the Goblin Marches”?

Just to be clear. Be as obnoxious as you wanna be. I like it. It’s the stupid and obnoxious that rubs me raw. So far your all good there.

OTOH, no one really listens to me anyway so… [size=2]That is unless I make one tiny step out of line by an inch on some caffiene-altered Lawnmower Man post. Sheesh![/size]

Even if the expansion is named “Barrels 'n Chests 'n Crates of the Goblin Marches”?[/quote]

For heaven’s sake, man, do not forget the crates which are essential to the single player’s storyline advancement.

It’s not up to us, it’s all a publisher thing. I think the reason they brought out the CE is because it had been done for other regions that shipped later and so they thought they would offer it here. I think they are well aware the CEs don’t sell all that well in North America, but I guess it’s better to have the option than not.[/quote]

Well, Infogrames really made a stupid decision not to release the CE in North America when the game was released. A highly anticipated D20 game like NWN from a respected developer like BioWare is going to sell some CE copies. Now, however, the target audience of a CE already has a copy of the game, so it’s a much harder sell.

Anyway, Infogrames, and due to guilt by association, BioWare, deserve some raspberries for releasing it now. Nothing wrong with doing that, of course, but sarcastic and derisive remarks are to be expected.

Now just let me control a party in the expansion and I’ll be happy![/quote]

There was no CE when the game shipped. It would been delayed another month or two to get all the content together for the CE. At that time it wasn’t an option. As for party control, don’t look for that in NWN. NWN is a different style of game and was never meant to be a sequel to BG. Not saying we won’t do party based games in the future, but don’t expect it from NWN.

Given the lateness of the release of the CE, Infogrames should offer the innards, sans game, direct to current NWN owners as a “special offer” for $30 or so… Then they could pick up some incremental cash on it.

By all means email them and tell them that, they will do it if enough people asked for it.