Excel question

How’s this for off-topic? Where’s my award?

Okay, you know how in Excel, when moving around with the keyboard, you can’t actual go “live” in a cell to EDIT text (as opposed to OVERWRITING it, which you can do) without clicking in it with the mouse to activate the text cursor?

Tell me there is some way to get in the cell with the text cursor without the mouse. I need this.

Press F2. This is the Universal Patented Microsoft Edit Key ™. Whenever you are on something and it’s highlighted but you can’t edit it, try F2. Also works in Explorer with file names.

Wow. I’ve been wondering the same thing for years, but never thought where to ask or how to put it into words clearly enough. Does it work in Access too? (hrm…Start | Programs | Office | Access | Open Database | Add record | typetypetype | Right | Left | F2… Oh… Holy Shit! It does! All that carpal tunnel for nothing!) I never would have thought I’d get my answer in a gaming forum.

THANKS QT3, YOU ROCK! (You too Christoph)

Ok, now, you know that thing that goes whoosh on the deally-bob? How do you make it stop?

Ok, now, you know that thing that goes whoosh on the deally-bob? How do you make it stop?

When it doubt, dike it out.

This changes everything. Thank you.