Excellent british TV

I used to really enjoy Salvage Hunters, for the mix of interesting travel, places visited and antiques found, and some expert restoration. It seems to have become a bit shallow in recent years. But the earlier years would be worth watching for people who haven’t seen them and like this sort of thing.

However, they’ve done a spinoff show Salvage Hunters The Restorers, which concentrates on the restoration of items. If it weren’t for the fact they restore a lot of boring things like childrens toys for rich people and the like, probably to use as snippets on ads for the shows, it’d be an even better show than it is.

I found Bodyguard to be a poor mans The Honorable Woman. As mentioned though Richard Madden (Rob Stark) is phenomenal in it. I hope someone gives him a big movie break.

The Honorable Woman is well worth checking out if you missed it on its original run. It has some great writing and solid performances.

EDIT: Coincidentally the creator of The Honorable Woman has just released a new TV series called Black Earth Rising. I’ve no idea if it’s any good though

I never bothered watching Bodyguard. I had no idea it was so popular! I’ll give the first episode a spin at some point. I wonder what the demographics are?

Is anyone watching Killing Eve?

DR who fans here? New season is ok, but might get more interesting with more episodes and development of the new Doctor.

OMG, Would I Lie To You is finally back! And they’ve got a socially-distanced set! I needed this so badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OINQsprMhI