Excitement of arena football to return to Los Angeles

…with KISS-branded team

Source: espn.go.com (excerpt below)

The guys dressed in black and silver are bringing football back to the Los Angeles area.

The Raiders? Not quite.

It’s KISS, the heavy metal band known for performing in black, white and silver that has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide during a 40-year career.

On Thursday, the Arena Football League announced it was awarding an expansion team to a group of individuals that includes KISS band members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. The team, called the LA KISS, will begin playing in March at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

“As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us,” Simmons said in a statement. “Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action.”

Season tickets, which went on sale Thursday starting at $99, will include a free KISS concert.

While the team will use the band’s logo, it is not known whether the team’s uniforms will be silver and black.

ANAHEIM IS NOT LOS ANGELES MOTHERFUCKERS…

GOD motherfucking dammit…takes ball, goes home

Calling a team “The KISS” is just stupid. Should’ve been “The KISS Army.”

It’s not even “The KISS” it’s “The LA KISS” which is even fucking worse.

KISS ain’t even from LA. They’re a NY band. If they want an Arena team, they should call it the LA Toto or something.

Grumpy fucks old fucks.

Who cares, it’s arena football.

Just kidding.

I forget the name of the team here in Denver. I think John Elway owns it.

I had season tickets once, really nice seats too. Had fun.

Since they play in arenas they should let them do stuff like go up for a dunk when they score a TD. Give 'em an extra point or take away a point if they miss or get the dunk blocked. Also, put players in penalty boxes and have goons that fight each other while the refs stand around and watch. They could even make it like Roller Derby and have men and women’s teams alternate.

SPICE IT UP!

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim would beg to differ.

(Although I personally agree with you – it’s not even LA County, for God’s sake!)

To now be featured in exciting AMC reality television series.