Exciting Car Registration Thread

LOL, yeah, it seems like this should be simple until you think of it in terms of me just being a guy in Iowa she doesn’t know and not her dad. So a guy in Iowa buys a car, and then wants to put the title in her name, The guy has a loan on the car and thus to give her a clean title, there can’t be a lien on the car in the guy’s name. But the bank won’t give the loan without the car being collateral and thus the lien cause that’s how car loans work,

How it apparently worked last time after talking to my bank. I live in a very small town and I think what they did is pretty unusual. When I called them last time this happened, and told them what was going on, they told me to go ahead and get the car titled to her and bring them the title. So I basically told the DMV there was no lien. I took the title back to my bank. They called the MO DMV and said they had a title in her name for a car they had a loan on but they weren’t listed on the title as first lien. MO DMV said you have to fill out a form and send it to us. She got the form online, got me to sign it, I’m not sure if I signed my daughter’s name or mine (must have been my daughter’s) and paid the small fee, and the title now is now first lien by them.

I don’t think we’re going to do that again - I don’t think they were comfortable with that last time.