Existing 10+ year old forum communities?

RPGnet’s also 10 years old, almost 11 now.

RPG.net is more than 10 years old now – I joined in 2004 and was a relative newcomer for a long time. I think it’s been around since the late 90s.

Back when I played Asheron’s Call there was a corner of the Vault Network called ACFriends. Looks like it is still kicking around with 50 threads commented on today. Some of register dates in the picture thread are from 2002 and some of the names I recognize.
http://www.ign.com/boards/forums/acfriends.80124/

But they aren’t that large and no one has ever heard of them…

This is a great list! As the Command and Conquer commando once, said, Keep 'em coming!

Blue’s News is more than a decade old as well if it fits your qualifications as a forum community.

Neogaf though they were still the official forum of Gaming-Age back then.

Yeah I was going to mention HomeTheaterForum and DVDTalk. Those both sprung up around when DVDs got big in 97-98. Also AVSforum.

I just checked my old GameFAQs account, and it’s been active for over a decade. It looks like the forum itself has existed since November 1999.

Which isn’t to say I’d recommend it.

Gamewinners has been around for some time (mid 90’s, at least), although I likewise wouldn’t necessarily suggest dwelling there for too long. There be dragons.

They have a very unique take on video games…

RPG Codex as well.

Apolyton.net and possibly CivFanatics, in the fan sites for Civ games genres?

shacknews.com fits the bill. Also one of the best commenting systems for alienating new people.

Overclockers Forums

Just Adventure and its forums have been around since the late 90’s.

AVSForumhas been around pretty much forever, too. I remember posting questions there back when I was trying to decide between a first gen Tivo and a Panasonic ReplayTV, and that was at least a dozen years ago.

The better question is which site that is worth visiting isn’t at least 10 years old?

Truly excellent list. Thank you everyone.

Going to try and convert them to your new software?