Exit through the alley - Dudes charge folks to see Banksy's street art

Yeah, I haven’t actually had the time to watch it, but that’s what I gathered from what I know of the movie.

Because he’s permanently in on the joke. How/why did the modern visual art world descend into such cultural douchebaggery? It’s a Russian doll of hypocrisy and irony.

Pearls Before Breakfast - also a link to a recording of his performance in the article.

That article made me sad and happy at the same time. I always have my buds in my ear with podcasts playing as I walk through Penn Station and the subway stops. I rarely register the performers doing their thing. I may have to start to listen more to what’s around me.

My brush with greatness: every now and then, Josh would duck out of practice at the IU School of Music and play hooky at the local arcade where my friends and I used to hang out. I still have a mental snapshot of him with his violin case on the floor at his feet, safely tucked in between the Tempest machine and the upright Star Wars cabinet. Nice guy (to this day, by all accounts), and very level-headed.

I like to think that if our worlds were reversed, I’d be a part-time violinist with a volunteer community orchestra, and he’d hold the world high scores on Dig-Dug and Bump ‘n’ Jump.

Back in the late 1990s, I walked through the Penn Subway Station every day going to and from work. And I would always pass this girl, about 14, singing acapella with a little squawk box for ampage. She was pretty sad – no projecting, often out of tune, and not particularly attractive. I would compare her to 'Little Miss Sunshine".

A leave NYC in 2000. Then, in 2005, I’m walking through Penn station again (first time in 5 years), and I begin to hear something: Someone’s belting out Christina Aguilera’s “You are Beautiful”. And she’s owning that puppy. It was f**kin’ amazing. Of course, when I finally turn the corner and see who it is, it’s my “Little Miss Sunshine.” Still nothing to look at, but now really, really something to listen to.

To this day, when I hear “You are Beautiful” in my head (and I like that song), I hear her singing it, not Miss Aguilera (who I otherwise like a lot).

Banksy pulling some 1960’s Batman-era Riddler shit.

He couldn’t spring for a cross-cut model?