Expeditions Viking

Just started this and I’m loving the writing. Conquistador is one of my favorite games and so far this looks like more of the same.

Oh man. Just found a quest about a man who’s had his puppy killed :(((. Let’s say that John Wicking will not rest until the culprit has been caught and dealt with. Campaign is officially on hold until that bastard dies.

Damn this game is so good. I love how they improved the few things from Conquistadors (loot for example) that bothered me. And I know if it’s just me being an ESL but I find the writing in these two games head & shoulders above the rest. It says exactly what it needs to in very few words while still looking fancy, I don’t know how else to explain it better. It’s ‘efficient’, for lack of a better word. Not quite laconic though.

This game is really cheap on GOG right now at $4.49.

Have the stability issues been fixed? Is the game still too easy to win?

I played it a couple months ago, and never had any technical problems. I would have said it was medium-easy, although I cannot remember my difficulty setting. The tactical battles were fun, the overarching story grabbed me far less.