Experiment: You are Given 5 Wishes But the Following Wishes Negate the Prior Wishes

Part of that final meeting about the final wish.

The lawyers have come up with the wording. “Live until the end of the universe”

You are about to die! “Save me” you wish, and you magically get teleported out of the vehicle just in time. Well, you drive like an idiot, and there you are plunging off a thousand foot cliff, and you yell “save me” again. The wish machine saves you, and then undoes the previous save, killing you, but that violates the current wish because it didn’t save you, but saving you by un-cancelling the previous violates the conditions of the wish. This ends up drawing so much energy out of the universe by snap-cycling through saving and unsaving you that the universe implodes. This effectively kills you, so the wish draws energy from the next universe along to cancel the imploding, until it, too, implodes. Sooner or later either there is a final implosion or save.

A good GM con crock any wish - best not to make the wish in the first place. Just don’t wish that you hadn’t been given the choice…

It’s the “revert to the way things were” part that is too nebulous. And OP admits to this by his addendum after being questioned. As well, one might ask, define ‘wish’. Does a wish have to have the word wish in it? Furthermore, do you have to say “I wish”? How bad is the entity that I’m wishing to? Satan bad? djinn bad? I Dream of Jeannie bad? And she could be bad, if you remember the show. Or even Jeannie’s sister bad?

What I’m asking, I guess, is does the person or entity I’m wishing to have a hidden agenda? And if so, is it truly hidden? Or is he/she/it more like literal computer type? And if so, does it understand slang and my particular vernacular? If I was a 1950s gangster and I asked for a bag of ‘ice’ would I get diamonds (as I actually wished for) or frozen water? If I asked, according to the joke, to be up to my neck in pussy, would I have a bunch of women or would I be a tampon?

You could do something like buy a cow. Then wish for the cow to be turned into juicy steaks. Then you have the cow back the way it was, rinse repeat. At the end of it all you still have a cow.

Ask for a small johnson.

Two points:

1. According to the original rules, all of the steaks would disappear each time, never having been. If you’re lucky none of the various amino acids belonging to that cow will have been used in important places. But if they have, you might die. But you will die remembering a fine juicy steak.

2. You are thinking too small and if you die you deserve it. If you want a cow, buy one. Stop there. Piker.

I think there is one wish that make me really happy, “Have everyone in the world, no matter race or religion, love and take care of each other”. I would prefer that even above making myself a trillionaire.

So you would mind-rape 7 billion sentient beings out of their free will, forever, for your own amusement.

You sick monster.

Just don’t wish for world peace like Fox Mulder did. But I’m sure an evil wish-djinni can crock your version, too.

My first wish would be for the set of all sets that do not contain themselves.

You just have to cause the universe to crash, dontcha?

And proud of it, man!
-B. Simpson

This doesn’t seem very hard.

I’d wish for something to benefit humanity and myself. For example, the knowledge required to develop cold fusion. Or the knowledge to develop room temperature super conductors, or some incredibly strong material to enable Google to build the space elevator. Or cure cancer, world hunger, whatever. Obviously this knowledge would be shared.

This knowledge would also make me wealthy enough.

Then maybe I’d wish I were President or something, to continue to benefit humanity in other ways.

Then maybe I’d wish I were a trillionaire and fix all the roads and give everyone cars powered by cold fusion. Whatever.

Then when I’m old a gray, I’d wish I was 25 again. I’d assume a new identity and backpack the world.

But yeah all my friends and family are fucked.