Explain Like I'm Five.

Uh, not really.

Corporate taxes were just lowered by 14%, stay in the US market.

I’m very wary of APAC and EU right now, due to the Chinese tariffs and it looks increasingly like the UK will have a no deal Brexit, so I haven’t bought any stocks outside the US for the six months or so, but I haven’t pulled out.

Yeah, China’s State Corporatism is really coming home to roost now. Not just US policy either. Everyone is tired of their act.

Okay a stupid question, but the matter of trauma: American fiction got a shitlOH WATCH YOUR MOUTH a tons of various “producers”.
It took me years to understand they weren’t producer as we understand them in my country (basically money lenders), bu that there was a whole aristocratic system tied to the writing in there. Anyway, it’s freaking cryptic. So what are those various producers, do the title have actually a real rank like in Sid Meier’s Pirates, do particular priviledge come with some of the titles? What is going on?!

A side note here. @Left_Empty, along with @RichVR, @divedivedive and 3-4 others are amongst the few people in my whole life who can literally make me do a coffee-spit-take laugh. Like the funniest people I know. @Skipper too. And @cannedwombat

I left the browser open on another thread and asked in the wrong place. Geez.

Why does the nightingale sing?

Neither of which will run out of things to buy with the bits they add up to represent their currency, and it’s not China limiting the amount the US has access to, as Ford knows.
The currency may finally float, big whoop. But looking at last year’s speculation failure, I wouldn’t put money on it.

Because she drew tears from your eyes the first time she sang to you.

Why do people talk? Communication. It’s a nice side benefit that some bird talk sound good to us. Of course others do not. Some birds have denser communication than others. Some mimic the calls of other birds. Real smart birds can mimic, and understand, people talk.

This is true, but I stick by my answer. :)

http://hca.gilead.org.il/nighting.html

“Thanks, thanks, you heavenly little bird. I know you well. I banished you from my kingdom once, and yet you have charmed away the evil faces from my bed, and banished Death from my heart, with your sweet song. How can I reward you?”

“You have already rewarded me,” said the nightingale. “I shall never forget that I drew tears from your eyes the first time I sang to you. These are the jewels that rejoice a singer’s heart. But now sleep, and grow strong and well again. I will sing to you again.”

I am glad that Perky’s question made me reread this tonight.

See what you did? Hans Christian Anderson reminds me of Danny Kaye. And Danny Kaye reminds me of his other movies. Like The Inspector General and The Court Jester. Must see movies. That I now must watch again.

I’m frankly more concerned with the EU, because China is totalitarian and ultimately, rational. The UK democratically voted to suicide.

You brain works like a trap.
Like a MOUSETRAP!

Yeah. I see it. Like a plastic trap that never worked right. :)

Both are troublesome. The EU was doomed the moment the Treaty of Rome enthusiasts started thinking they could up political control over populations bureaucratically without obtaining popular consent in those countries (and lying in national referendums saying, “that won’t happen!” again and again in the 90s and 00s).

So it was doomed at birth.

Well, it’ll get ya from A-B, it just has to go through D, M, N, R, X, Q and then G-L first.

Okay, I have a serious question. When I was younger, I had a Fluid Dynamics text. I decided that I would try to learn from it. The first two chapters were pretty cool. Then I got to laminar flow. And math. And I lost it. Is laminar flow that complex? What did I miss?

Debatable (non-mainstream view: but then, the UK was supposed to have imploded by now according to them, along with Japan, China, …). I can easily see the Eurozone countries having much more of an issue as the Euro demands everyone exports heavily. And, well, countries like Portugal are fucked then.
The UK just floats and keeps shifting its exports elsewhere, as it was already doing anyway.

If they exit with no deal, as is seeming increasingly likely, they’re screwed beyond measure. London will no longer be a financial center of the world.

Oh no, the leaches will go elsewhere, think of the leaches! But yeah, according to them, they went from doom and gloom to 650 jobs - it’s why that post was made at the time, actually.
I really hate mainstream economics, because what matters (besides actually getting a prediction right) is actual usage of resources and employment, which will have no reason to stop (outside of silly stuff like the Tories forgetting to be ready for the paperwork companies need to learn to export to the EU, which is standard WTO stuff or forgetting to turn off austerity at some point).

I mean, really, most criticism are from the same people that failed at predicting a single metric for the countries interventioned by the Troika. So much so that the IMF admitted it was a disaster. Why listen to them?

Looks at some laminar flow math.

The good news is that doesn’t seem to be as bad as multivariate calculus. That is where math ceased being math and became magic for me.

The bad news is that I see a lot Greek letters in equations (where Greek letter are substitutes for other equations) which gives me unpleasant flashbacks to engineering statistics.

So I guess it lies somewhere in between. You’re.,. welcome?