Explain Like I'm Five.

I took a fluid dynamics course.

In University I tried to understand subjects, rather than just game the system which most smart kids do. Which, by the way, all respect to older folks who go back to University, because you / I really lose that ability; to treat all classes or subjects as puzzles to learn the patterns of, without giving a crap about the subject itself.

I had to game that course, ended up with a 60-something. Glad it has nothing to do with my career, and I suppose the people working in the oil refinery I might have helped design are glad too :P.

I was in a punk band in college called Schrodinger’s Rat. We were too nerdy to be a good punk band, but we had fun trying.

THAT is an awesome band name.

I was in a Punk Band called Fulda Gap. We were too nerdy to be a good punk band, but we had fun trying.

I had a friend who was in a Punk Band called Strontium 90. They were too nerdy to be a good punk band, but they had fun trying. :)

I can’t imagine any of you jokers are nerdier than the Dead Milkmen. Punk was made for, and by, nerds. Just really angry ones.

Well, they also had talent.

We tried (poorly) do do a lot of Stooges covers (this was before that was considered cool).

I’m guessing not the Strontium 90 that decayed into The Police, so… Strontium 90 that did “Frosted Flakes” on the Children of the Corn compilation?

Yes.

A Purdue band (hence the inclusion on Children of the Corn). Mike was a good friend. (Noises-Animal Noises).

Looked that up. I didn’t know they “made it”. :) You are from the area, do you remember them? I knew Mike in FL, mainly.

So are these serious questions or mostly a kind of joke question topic?

Both. Also, serious questions have been answered humorously, and humorous questions have been answered seriously. So a lot has been happening here in a good way.

I didn’t know Strontium 90, myself, but I recalled the name from the album—was just surprised to see them referenced!

Small World. He was pretty proud of “Frosted Flakes”.