Explosion outside Manchester Arena

Guys. I feel bad for the victims and their families, and I’m sorry this happened.

But Donald Fucking Trump is president, a presidency stolen by the Russians. I have no energy left for random acts of terrorism.

I don’t fear ISIS, and I don’t care about ISIS.

This whole, “Russia put Trump in power!” narrative has got to stop.

A bunch of fucking idiots voted for a fucking idiot and he won. End of story.

Inappropriate financial ties? Sure. Anti Clinton propaganda? Absolutely. But there is nothing of any substance to indicate that any votes were cast that went against the will of the citizens casting them.

Holy shit, what kind of degenerated being must you Be to be so hateful and uncaring about others. This is unbelievable and I wish there was something to be done about this. Deplorable indeed. Fucking assholes. That I share a planet with people like this or the terrorists makes me sick.

You don’t think tampering with the will of the people is tampering with an election? You don’t think the outcome would have been different if a Russian propaganda machine hadn’t been focused against Clinton?

I agree that idiots put Trump in office, but it seems to me many of those idiots were manipulated by a foreign power. That matters, doesn’t it?

-Tom

Condolences to the victims.

I would throw down a lot of cash on the odds of the bomber being someone born in Britain.

You have more anger about the people angry about a lot of people being being murdered than you do about a lot of people being murdered. I don’t understand that.

Because normally, Malathor, we don’t have our own people cheering on the enemy. Remember Trumps claim about immigrants celebrating 9/11 on rooftops? Here we have good American Christians celebrating an Islamist terrorist attack online.

Once again, the right are exactly the thing they claim to hate.

If wumpus got one thing right about Discourse, it’s the mute button!

Jesus.

Thanks.

Besides the “I told you so” sentiments, where are the “good American Christians” celebrating the attack?

Each of them is wearing a cross in their profile pictures.

“I hope they slit her face” and “Hopefully some liberal snowflakes were blown up.” are not I told you so sentiments. They are celebrating an Islamist terrorist attack.

First of all, my sincere condolences to the families of the now 22 confirmed dead (and over 50 injured) in this horrific act of cowardly terrorism. So many young and promising lives cut short only compounds the tragedy. Fuck ISIS.

Secondly, fuck David Jaskowak, Jenny Kefauver, Vickie Tyson Williams and Chris Zukowski, along with any and all Americans or Brits who feel as they do. Those are not “I told you so” sentiments, they are insults hurled directly in the face of the victims and their families. These asshats are celebrating a terrorist attack that killed innocent people as a victory for their own ideology. I would hope comments like Mr. Zukowski’s “Hopefully some liberal snowflakes were blown up.” should result in enough internet outrage to eventually cost him his job and social standing, however I suspect Mr. Zukowski is probably already unemployed and socially stunted, so such reprisals would have little effect.

Seriously though, fuck anyone who would celebrate such a tragedy as strengthening their ideological position. It makes them no different than the cowardly ISIS terrorists they claim to hate so much.

Well, that sucks.

His parents were refugees to the UK from Libya during Gaddfi.

Yeah, my bet was on a radicalized citizen. It is a fast growing segment of the population heavily recruited by Isis.

They aren’t “angry about people being murdered.” They’re fucking celebrating people being murdered.

Edit: And I didn’t say anything about the murderer (likely single), because he is assumed to be human shit not worth mentioning. Using your logic, you have more anger about me than the person who killed everyone. See how stupid it sounds?

May is on the new, the UK has deployed the Army, more attacks are imminent.

Threat Level has been raised to: Election Imminent, Corbyn Doing OK In Polls, He Loves Terrorists Don’t You Know.

Seriously though, this is a JTAC recommendation, JTAC are independent and the police requested the Army, but I still can’t help being cynical.

I think that’s being a little cynical. Do they really have a choice? What if they did nothing and another attack happened? It would definitely mean the end for them in the election.

I agree that there is often little choice but to escalate the the threat level and what goes with it, but it also seems somewhat opaque what such escalation actually does to enhance security. I suppose if there is, in fact, a group or some cells of some organization doing stuff, this could be effective, but if it’s a few disaffected people with social media accounts, I’m not sure how much the Army will help.