Extras - for non-pirates watching on HBO in screwed up order

So did anyone catch Extras on HBO? I thought it was great, but I think a lot of the fun of the first episode was created by Kate Winslet. I mean, she was dressed in a nun’s outfit pretending to lick her own nipples, how can you not like that?

wtf? that’s not the first episode. they’re pulling a serenity on you guys.

Please see my thread of the same name, starring people who watched it not on HBO, but on their computers.

Edit: and yeah, that’s the third episode. The first episode is better than that one, and it has Ben Stiller in it.

HAPPY NOW?

It’s not my fault if HBO screwed with the episode order, is it?

the ben stiller episode is totally awesome. i hope they show that one next. it has a lot of character development that i think if you start at episode 3, you miss out on.

OK, I watched it, and I thought it wasn’t the first show. Apparently, I was right and wrong. Glad to know my confusion (and regret at having missed earlier episodes) was both founded and not.

Ross Kemp = genius.

okay so what’s the actual real order of episodes?

1. Ben Stiller
  2. Ross Kemp
  3. Kate Winslet
  4. Les Dennis*
  5. Samuel Jackson
  6. Patrick Stewart

It’s not that big a deal if you see them out of order, although it does screw with the character arcs a bit and it spoils maybe one or two joke recalls.

-Tom

• Easily the best one!

I wonder why HBO ordered them the way they did. I understand why they went with Kate Winslet and Ben Stiller first because US audiences know who they are, but then why not go with Sam Jackson next? Last night’s episode was great, but it relied heavily on knowing who Ross Kemp is (not to mention Barry from EastEnders, Zippy from Rainbow, etc) to fully get all the humor. I’m surprised they showed this one third because it was very UK-centric.

Unless there’s story arc issues they’re trying not to mess with, but I doubt that.

God, that is annoying. Six episodes, and they mess with the order? WTF?

And, errr, isn’t Ben Stiller equally if not more popular than Kate Winslet? And the Ben Stiller episode was pretty damn funny–it’s not like they would have been starting with a “difficult” one for Americans.

Ugh. Just annoys me. I think I’m just gonna TiVo the rest and watch 'em in order when it’s all done. Sheesh.

Well halfway through the season it would appear that the effects of showing the episodes out of order are marginal. It’s not like showing The Train Job before Serenity Pts1 and 2, or anything totally chowderheaded like that.

“Super. Army. Soldiers.”

The best part was when Ben Stiller bought it.

Hey this is the non-pirate HBO thread, no quotes from episodes yet to be broadcast please!

Fucker.

Rather harsh to attack people who have seen it already as HBO pirates when the show’s already aired on BBC Two… so maybe some folks saw it there. Sheesh.

— Alan

Don’t give me any of your wordsmithing, Dunkin. I don’t need no apologists for Gary Whitta arguing about what “bought” means. As far as I’m concerned, you’ve totally spoiled the episode that was shown on HBO on Sunday that I’ve only gotten 15 minutes into because my Comcast DVR box keeps turning off.

I mean, man, no respect for the forum.

The Ross Kemp/Zippy bit had me crying with laughter. That’s one moment that’s probably just surreal if you don’t know who they are.

I understand that they wanted a face familiar to US viewers for the first episode, but I feel that the Kate Winslet episode is so good, it was almost a shame to show it first.

The Ross Kemp/Zippy bit had me crying with laughter. That’s one moment that’s probably just surreal if you don’t know who they are.

I understand that they wanted a face familiar to US viewers for the first episode, but I feel that the Kate Winslet episode is so good, it was almost a shame to show it first.[/quote]

Added to which, the actual first episode is the Ben Stiller one, so that reasoning doesn’t even make sense.

I understand that they wanted a face familiar to US viewers for the first episode, but I feel that the Kate Winslet episode is so good, it was almost a shame to show it first.[/quote]

Added to which, the actual first episode is the Ben Stiller one, so that reasoning doesn’t even make sense.[/quote]
Maybe they just decided to kick off with what they thought was the funniest episode that also had a recognizable star in it.