F*ck Lego Star Wars

Lego Star Wars for the XBox.

Really.

I think this screenshot says it all.

Next up: Nerf Arena Star Wars?

You need to read more about the game than that (rather poor) preview on Gamespot. The game sounds technologically great (everything is literally made from virtual lego bricks rather than rendered to look like lego) and the actual way you interact with the environment as a Jedi involves solving puzzles and beating things with your l33t Jedi building skills.

So, defeat those robots by pulling together pieces of blocks and throwing it in their face. All the exctiement of the HL2 physics gun with none of the po-faced seriousness.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/features/default.asp?subsectionid=1634&articleid=31764&pagetypeid=2

That’d be a good place to start.

It’s by Traveller’s Tales, who have the distinction of doing games for (I think) all of Pixar’s movies as well as having an awfully un-navigable Web site.

No, actually that sounds completely dreadful, like being force-fed (DYSWIDT?) lego bricks, each one lovingly embossed with the dictionary definition of “twee”.

Well, to be frank, after playing the demo of Republic Commando yesterday I’d much rather they at least try to do something innovative through the use of both licences than simply shoe horn the Star Wars IP into an as-yet unused genre pigeon hole.

This may not be sophisticated enough for you, and I understand that. I’ll bet you were a technics lego kid due to your maturity rendering the "twee"ness of the standard box sets redundant in your life :wink:

Me, I like the simple pleasures, even when such pleasures may well be shortlived whilst being wrapped up in a childrens environment (because, let’s face it, Star Wars films are kids films, and the merchandise is kids merchandise - bar the geek milking stuff they put out - and this game is a kids game). I doubt, seriously, that any lego game in existence is aimed at any member of the majority of people on this board.

Oh yeah, F*CK BARBIE GAMES AS WELL!

(did you read the linked article?)

* Bram Stoker's Dracula
* Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
* Disney's Toy Story
* Disney/Pixar A Bug's Life
* Disney/Pixar's Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
* Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo
* Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2
* Disney/Pixar's Toy Story Racer
* Haven: Call of the King
* Leander
* Mickey Mania
* Muppet RaceMania
* Puggsy
* Sonic 3D Blast
* Sonic R

So, other than Haven (which was a reasonably solid game that sold nothing) and Dracula (pap), they make games for kids. F*CK GAMES FOR KIDS.

Well, they got their start as a Sega Game Gear developer. That they’re still in business at all is sort of significant. :P

God that looks awesome. I have an unhealthy fascination with all things LEGO star wars. For xmas I think I’m getting the $300 massive lego star destroyer. Gonna put that bad boy on my desk :)

Oh man is there REALLY a Fuck Barbie game? Oh, yeahhh…

I thought the Lego version of a song in the Monty Python’s Quest for the Holy Grail was pretty good.

People actually care abot this??? :roll:

You better believe it. This sucker’s in my top 5 most wanted for 2005 currently.

that’s awesome!

btw, what fps are there that allow you to toss crap in front of bad guys so they chase you? i liked that in the hl2 demo video (shoving a desk against a door to slow a zombie or soldier or something)

might be interesting to build a wall of legoes to stop some enemies…

It’s TWO TWO TWO licenses in one!

You got your Lego in my Star Wars! Awwww, you got your Star Wars in my Lego!

You better believe it. This sucker’s in my top 5 most wanted for 2005 currently.[/quote]

You’re kidding right? I’m kind of gullible, so I’m feeling that 7th gullible sense kicking in…

hahaha

I’m putting the drugs these guys are taking on my wishlist.