F*** the NFL

Eagles. At ex-Cowboys WR Michael Irvin. After his career-ending spinal cord injury; they threw them at him while he was carted off the field in a cervical collar and gurney. That and the booing of Donovan McNabb on draft day are why I hope the Eagles never win the Superbowl.[/quote]

Hey screw you, we’re not all like that. Almost everyone here is an Eagles fan, and a very, very small percentage of us go to the games. The dicks might be a significant portion of the people in the stands, but they’re a small portion of the fans as a whole.

:/[/quote]
Yeah, no offense to you bags, but seriously. It’s like when Raider fans booed Jon Gruden when he was introduced in the Superbowl. Or Colts fans booing Manning not going for a last TD in the Ravens game. Of course, it ain’t everybody; but it’s alot of bodies.

I always take comfort when Manning plays the Titans and Tennessee fans still cheer for him at his intro, Niners fans when Jerry Rice is introduced. Plus, crappy fans can be good fans, too. Those Colt fans, you could hear a pin drop in that stadium when Manning is calling audibles.

What about when the Raiders fans cheered Favre as he dismantled the Raiders after his dad died? That was very cool. They even had signs and stuff to support Favre. Much respect to the Black Hole from The Frozen Tundra. Really though, no better fans than Green Bay fans. No better stadium too.

I can’t believe that applies to playoff games, that’s retarded.
I live in New England and Pats always sell out thankfully.

Well as an Arizona resident I’m personally thankful for the blackout rule. :)

I’ve done outdoor stadiums in the winter and indoor stadiums. I prefer the comfort of indoors myself.

I also prefer the level of play on dry fields vs. slop fields. I like running backs and receivers being able to make their cuts, QBs being able to make their throws, etc.

I’ve done outdoor stadiums in the winter and indoor stadiums. I prefer the comfort of indoors myself.

I also prefer the level of play on dry fields vs. slop fields. I like running backs and receivers being able to make their cuts, QBs being able to make their throws, etc.[/quote]

Spoken like a true Ram fan. Wussy. :wink:

Mark is obviously an Arena Football fan at heart. I love watching a mudder RB. I love watching a hardcore QB keep hold of the slick ball in the sleet. Packers versus Niners (the “Mud Bowl”) and Packers/Cowboys (the “Ice Bowl”) are the two finest games ever played and I’d love to have been at either of them. The elements are precisely why it’s a Fall/Winter sport.

“His father was a mudder. His mother was a mudder.”

Football, like baseball, ought only to be played outdoors. Football, unlike baseball, gets better the nastier the weather gets… unless you’re a Raiders fan.

Yeah, bad weather rules! Remember that fog game in Philly? What a joy it was to not watch that game!

I’ve sat outside in below freezing weather to watch NFL games and I’ve sat inside to watch NFL games. The type of football you prefer – slop ball or football played in good conditions – is clearly a personal preference, but you’re never going to convince me that freezing my ass off is more enjoyable than sitting in a heated stadium.

You’ve obviously never experienced the wonderous effects of a hip flask full of Jamesons during a frigid football game.

And don’t forget the “Fog Bowl” . . . December 31, 1998, Bears vs. Eagles at Soldier Field.

I’m really starting to like you Ryan.
Lambeau has a real party atmosphere. You don’t feel the 6 degree cold until your buddy gets up and goes to the bathroom. This is why you NEVER drink beer at a really cold game. Whiskey (+ maybe Hot Chocolate or Coffee), blankets, wife, and thousands of happy Packer fans all crammed in together. It’s great!

My memories of the old Dawg Pound (long before they called it the “Dawg Pound” however) at Cleveland Stadium are pretty much parallel to Bub’s Lambeau description. However, I was of an age back then where the “wife” part of the keeping warm factor wasn’t an option. And any girl I dated was way too smart to sit in those bleachers on a day when the temperature was hovering around zero and the wind was blowing off Lake Erie.

Jamesons was by far the warming method of choice in those bleachers. You could walk on the empties on your way out after the game without stepping on the concrete.

Levine, let’s go to Soldier Field next year. What do you say? I’ve never been. Always wanted to go. (You don’t have to be my wife and I’ll bring the Jamesons - but the flask has a big G on it. Will that be a problem?)

Sounds good to me. Just remember the “not the wife” part. :D

1988[/quote]

Of course. Thanks for the correction.

Damn typos . . . :oops:

1988[/quote]

Of course. Thanks for the correction.

Damn typos . . . :oops:[/quote]
Greedo posted first!