F1 2012

Agreed then I remembered the alternative when F1 races were parades. I’ll have too much passing over too few.
And it was Ferrari’s fault for not bringing Alonso in and Redbull’s fault for leaving Vettel out too long.
Montreal has always been one of the better circuits for overtaking and I think they shortened the DRS zone this year and yeah it didn’t seem like it was enough.

That may be true, but Bob Varsha uses it.

And that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it! :-)

Roooooooohhh-Groooooooooohhhh!

I know the thread is dead. Just wanted to put that out there.

The ban was appropriate.

Indeed. Anything more would have been unfair (I don’t think anyone believes his accidents were anything more than inexperience mixed with a rather devil may care attitude) and anything less wouldn’t have gotten the point across.

Sidenote, I love Spa. Best track of the season

Great race by Sergio Perez to get second at Monza. Great race for second place in the overall standings. Great day for seconds I guess.

In other racing news, it’s been obvious for years that both the ALMS and Rolex series couldn’t survive with shrinking fields, so the split that happened will finally end and they will merge. Which basically means one series lost, but nobody wants to admit that - since the 24 hours of Daytona was trumpeted as the greatest sports car race in the US (the considerably older and to my mind more prestigious 12hours of Sebring was not), that means that ALMS (which raced at Sebring) lost , and the Rolex series (which raced at Daytona) “won”. They both continue for one more year, and the new format is not set yet. I presume that they will be closer to the current Rolex series than the ALMS series, but we’ll see.

Lewis to Mercedes, Perez to McLaren.

I was a Hamilton apologist for a long time. I think his lack of consistent winning and the narrative about his off-track drama has finally pushed him in with my opinion of the rest of the F1 drivers: I don’t hate them, but don’t like them enough to root for them. Mercedes is the 5th best team this year so I doubt I’ll tune in to watch Lewis come in 7th place anyway.

I waste too much time on sports as it is. With the Magic rebuilding and nothing interesting in F1, I just need the Florida Gators to play like shit for a couple years and I’ll have all that time to work on my backlog!

Nah F1 needed a driver shake up, Massa will get the push giving a spot so someone else at Ferrari, would like that to be Di Resta.

This should be the wake up Lewis needs, at Mclaren since he was 13 years old and it was time he moved on and found himself as an adult and a person. Could be good next season, the odl moving otu and the rest moving round.

Mercedes have a ridiculously good technical team, with a bunch of former technical directors working with Ross Brawn. They’ve allegedly been heavily focusing on their 2014 car since the break in this season and while I wouldn’t expect Hamilton to pull off a Schumacher-at-Ferrari style domination, I think Mercedes today are in better shape than Ferrari was when Brawn and Schumacher took over there, so it’s not infeasible they could see a quick turnaround in fortunes.

I’m keen to see Perez in the McLaren.

I like Hamilton to a degree - but his inconsistency and the constant drama surrounding him is a bit wearing. Going from McLaren to Mercedes seems like a step down performance wise - but sometimes a driver senses a downturn at one team and an upswing at another. Honestly, I’ve been rooting for Button over Hamilton of late.

Perez to McLaren should be interesting. I presume Schumacher’s salary is being cannibalized to pay for Hamilton - is the former on the move, too?

I just wish someone with a personality would go to Lotus. ;-)

You could cheer for the Panthers. (Sorry, that really belongs in the NHL thread.)

Lotus! At last! Crack a goddamn smile, Kimi!

“Yes, yes, yes, you don’t need to keep reminding me…”

I suppose annoyance was at least expressing some emotion.

And why the hell doesn’t the F1 2012 thread show up when I type in “F1 2012” in the search function? I have to find this by typing in Kimi Raikkonen’s name…

Kimi Radio: Just leave me alone. I know what to do.

I always wonder why the drivers don’t just say, “I’m trying to concentrate here and you are distracting me at 300 KPH, so shut the fuck up!”

The new track looks good. I think this is the first time in years I’ll bother to watch all of SPEED’s coverage. Just saw F1 was moving to NBC next year too.

Good that NBC is a lot more accessible to most people than Speed, bad that I doubt that Bob Varsha can be disentangled from Speed since he is their go-to guy on so many things besides F1. Also, if you don’t mind staying up late or getting up early depending on where you are, you get the coverage live from Speed, with lots of pre-race and post-race coverage. I don’t know if NBC will bother with any of that.

But, damn, F1 without Varsha?

Most of it is going to be on an NBC Sports Network feed, so I assume they will have time for the pre/post race stuff. I believe only 4 races a year will be on NBC proper, and much like when they showed up on Fox or CBS in the past, no pre or post race stuff will be shown (except maybe the podium ceremony).

I’m hoping NBC will use their NBCSP channel for live coverage and replay the races Fox edited style on NBC later. I can NOT see them devote three hours Sunday mornings on the flagship NBC network stations.