FA Premier League 2017/18 (Soccer)

Another season, both Manchester teams strengthened considerably, they have to be favorites. My beloved Tottenham just lost against Chelsea at their adopted home for this season, Wembley. They didn’t lose at all at home last season.

Huddersfield are off to a pretty good start with two wins.

Won’t last

GUESS WHO’S BACK!

Man United are looking quite intimidating.

Ibra won’t play until Nov/Dec, they do have very good attacking options. Oh and #wengerin

Top 4 will probably be between Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Spurs 5th and Everton/Arsenal fighting for 6th.

So goddamned Spursy.

I’d say January rather than December. He’ll really be a boon when they get out of the CL group stages and they can no longer afford to play weaker teams.

A rough, only-a-fan-could-love-it grindy win for Spurs today against woebegone Crystal Palace. Aldeweireld, Dele, and Lloris all out with injuries, Kane playing at 70%, and both he and Winks got knocked pretty badly early in the match.

Still, not Spursy today. Sonny found the twine (should have twice, if we’re being honest), and that was enough. And hey: lots of people wondered what the hell Poch was doing by pushing the club to sign Paulo Gazzaniga in the August window. Today, with both Lloris and Vorme out with injuries, Gaz came in and played beautifully in goal. Clearly a Premiership-quality keeper, and looked like the kind of guy you could win some games with in your first team. I was expecting disaster, but he was terrific.

We were bloody lucky but I’ll take it. Looks like another 2nd place for us though, doubt there will be much catching Manchester City.

City simply running roughshod over the rest of the league. Hopefully the rumored swoop on Barkley in the winter transfer window happens for Spurs.

They’re also going to need to game out what the future without Aldeweireld is going to look like. Levy’s going to have to either step up and fish or cut bait on him.

Arise, Sir Harry of Kane

And to do it with his 8th hattie in the calendar year too. Amazing performance.

League is largely settled of course, everyone playing for second at this point and seeing if City can go undefeated and extend that winning streak. Fight for second will be fun, though.

That is all

Four goals for Aguero today. I love that guy. Make sure you check out the last of the four. Wow.