Factorio!

Just in case anyone didn’t read down the the bottom of the FFF, 0.15 becomes available on Tuesday!

ONE million copies sold! The developer seems happy about this!

YEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!! :)
So it actually happened.
We are in the club of games that have sold out 1 million copies.
I can’t really believe it.
It is almost the amount of people living in Prague.
Which is a lot.
It is hard to imagine all the people.
I want to see the people.
Well … at least some of them.

This makes me happy too.

We still need a QT3 dedicated server for this :D

Not bad for a game that is technically still alpha.

a well deserved win.

Final thoughts in first game, “I wonder what that red blob on the map is.”

This is the first game in a long time that can just eat up time without me noticing. I’ve been watching this video series:

And I’ll think of something while I’m watching, stop and jump into the game, have an hour+ disappear, then head back. The
aliens have been a bit of a pain, but nothing a large number of laser turrets can’t handle. I got started on something last night, and the next thing I know it is 4:45am. I’ve just started getting into robots and the logistics network, and I have a small train route bringing in iron ore to my base.

My beautiful R&D lab setup:

http://imgur.com/mVcXAT1

please don’t send me to work at that North-Eastern Ore facility. It looks a little dangerous.

Nice. I just built my first train route over the weekend. I’m getting ready to go build my first true outpost since I need a new source of iron. I need to take some time and rearrange my starting point. It is a mess, but I’ve been cleaning it up a bit as I now have a number of robots and roboports. @Eric_Majkut what kind of boilers are those next to the steam engines?

Edit: I guess that is a change in 0.15.0, Unfortunately I’m unable to run the 0.15.x versions at the moment. Even downloading it direct from their site doesn’t work. It doesn’t even get far enough for a log. Ah, running it in administrator mode gets it running. Will have to try it out.

Sometimes I launch Factorio, add a few new subsystems, and new subsystems, and new subsystems. Is like the manga BLAME!, but worse. Then I save and quit because I am hopeless.

I probably should nuke everything and start from scratch, but I would hate doing that.

Nah. If the triple thick walls, rows of turrets and self replicating minefield don’t stop them, we have nukes.

Not the tidiest furnace I’ve ever built but it’s definitely the biggest. If I can get enough ore coming in they’ll both put out two full red belts of plates. :D

Thats a nice, tidy, factory. Congrats.

Anyone up for multiplayer? I have a dedicated server up. Hit me up for login info :D

Price going up on April 16th to $30. With the soon to be released 1.0 version.

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/016-price-change

Wow, I didn’t even realize it wasn’t out yet. I recall playing it years ago and it felt like a complete game so assumed it was out shortly after. Fun game! Although, to keep it fun I had to restrict myself from using robots.

Hmm, I think soon-to-be-released might be a tad optimistic. Here’s what they have to say:

“Some months” leaves way too much room to turn into six, seven, or eight months. :(

-Tom

I am impressed the game has never been on sale, is that true? I could have sworn I saw it on sale at least once.