Faëria - online strategy card game

PM me your E-mail Amanda and I’ll invite you (I have to put your e-mail in for the invite, it’s not a code).

Gosh. Thanks, KiloOhm.

Three days ago, they added a new EA entry tier for $8.99 as opposed to the original (and still available) EA Bundle for $24.99.

I think I paid for this over a year ago…maybe longer? I’m guessing they will give me a Steam key.

You should have received one already. Talk to the devs. If you have discord I can give you a link to the channel.

I did find my key. I had missed it from over 2 months ago. I had no idea this had been in development as long as it had and I think I lost touch with following it. I had actually Kickstarted it in 2013!!!

Wow didn’t realize this game dated back so far. They’re doing a good job with their relaunch on Steam – hiring Hearthstone streamers to play in a tournament seems to have brought a lot of positive attention as they all genuinely seem to like it.

The game is solid- Faeria is easily the best Hearthstone alternative out there right now IMO. I lot of the Faeria vets come from Scrolls more than Hearthstone.

I have a few quibbles about certain cards at the moment, but nothing I see right now is outright broken.

Double posting- apologies:

Faeria just announced next weekend (16th) will be Free on Steam for anyone who wants to try it out (will still be free post release). Good chance to try it, they’ve made some nice improvements lately.

Wow, this really needs more love.

If you are playing or decide to, friend me - I’m Lykurgos in game and in Steam. Happy to teach you all I know, then we can play a second game ;-)

I have come to it from Poxnora > Hearthstone > Duelyst and for me it beats them all, for different reasons.

Of these, Poxnora was my easy favourite thanks to combining card collection and deck building with very deep tactical combat played out on a variety of maps. I can no longer cope with the complexity of Poxnora.

I think the unique feature of building the map that you fight on is pretty damn fantastic. It transforms the choices presented for deck archetypes such as control, aggro and rush.

In contrast to Poxnora the game is simpler to learn and quicker to play. In contrast to Duelyst and Hearthstone my early experience is that trick decks and unbeatable combinations are less likely making the tactical combat choices matter far more.

Absolutely true. As the OP and a Kickstarter backer, the road to Faeria 1.0 was a roller coaster. The long wait with periods of silence, the design decisions to streamline the mechanics I loved in the Kickstarter version, and the decision to go free-to-play all had me at a low point by the time they sent me an Early Access update last fall. I only logged in to get some of the rewards that they said were going away. But what I found was so much better than I imagined that, only a few days ago, I finally got around to writing the developers and saying, “You were right, and I was wrong.”

Since it is FTP, I won’t go into a long pitch. I’ll just say that if you’re a fan of deckbuilders CCGs, you really should give it a try. Like Lykurgos said, building the map is the heart of the game. It forces your deck to deal with shifting conditions every match. I can’t speak to the economic model, since I got full sets of every card free (including the recently announced expansion, which was unexpected). But there’s a good deal of free single player content, and Pandora - the game’s take on draft - allows you a “practice coin” every day that will allow you to play two or three games.

I’m Fletchtower in game, so feel free to friend me.

EDIT:
Oh, yeah, they have a Recruit a Friend thing where we both get stuff if you play and like it enough to level up. So if anybody is interested, PM me your email and I’ll send you the sign up link.

Program details here.

I’m a kickstarter backer, but it’s not in Google play store, so I can’t play. Maybe some day. Haven’t played on PC in a year or so.

Played extremely well on Steamlink though, it’s just about the only game I own that does.

Wait, this is a deck builder (like Dominion)? Not deck construction? I thought this was just a Heathstone-a-like… that’s a big detail I overlooked.

EDIT: Boo - it doesn’t appear to be a deckbuilder afterall. I was all excited :(

Oops. A little loose about my terms. Sorry about that.

I would say that of all of those , this one is the least like Hearthstone.

It’s not without problems- to me the big one is the combo of low deck sizes+ 3 copies of a card legal for most cards means you see a lot of very lopsided matchups.

Oh, yeah, they have a Recruit a Friend thing where we both get stuff if you play and like it enough to level up. So if anybody is interested, PM me your email and I’ll send you the sign up link.

Program details here.

I haven’t played a lot of constructed, so I can’t really speak to this, but you should give Pandora a try if you haven’t. Drafting avoids that problem (pretty much). It’s my go-to mode.

It’s a fun diversion, but some of the pandora cards can make it silly. They’re intentionally broken- though they did balance it out some- Hammer of the Gods used to be almost an autowin.

I agree that it’s not ideal. I’ve given them feedback that I’d like a pure draft mode in addition to Pandora, so I’m sure they’re getting right on it. :)

But it’s still got that drafting spark of making the best of what you’re given, so I keep coming back to it.

I pretty much play Pandora exclusively, for the multiplayer at least. I’m also genuinely not very good. My best ever Pandora run, out of perhaps 20 total, was 6 wins before I reached the 3 losses. I don’t average anything better than a 1:1 win rate. I still enjoy it!

I dabbled with a little constructed but am simply not willing to invest lots of time and effort in learning the nuances in the way I would have done in younger years with a little more free time. I might try out some deck designs created by other players, the Faeria hub appears like a good place to pick those up.

No worries, I took the goop out of my eyes and paid attention to the Monster Slayers thread which turns out to be what I was looking for!