Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Two years ago, I met Admiral Mike Mullen, the former Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, under Presidents Bush and Obama at a funeral. He gave an extraordinary eulogy for our friend, that brought tears, laughter, and patriotic pride to all present. Admiral McRaven, of killing Bin Laden and “make your bed” fame, had just written an OpEd highly critical of Trump’s action and was in the news. I asked Admiral Mullen, what he thought of the OpEd. He was quite critical of it. Saying that he thought it was dangerous for senior retired military to get engaged in political discussions because it risks politicizing the military. The independence of the military was more important than a single president. His view was quite similar to what Gen. Mattis has expressed in interviews and his book. I wasn’t happy with his answer, but in a rare moment of humility realized that Mullen, was smarter, wiser, and vastly more knowledgable on the subject, than I and changed my opinion.
So when I saw this OpEd today by Admiral Mullen, I realize this was no “ordinary important person blast Trump” piece.