Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Well fuck them too.

Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida, Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, and Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia

For the record. These are the shitty 6.

For fucks sake, Bill.

Note that Obama’a CIA director was similarly complicit in torture: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/01/does-it-matter-if-john-brennan-was-complicit-in-illegal-torture/266918/

How about CIA in general?

I HIGHLY recommend today’s Fresh Air episode. It’s all about Trump and his minions’ attack on what they call “The Deep State.”

Audio and transcript at the link. These assholes are ruining the national government and probably doing damage that will take a decade to fix, even if Trump gets fired by the electorate in 2020.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/17/611922875/how-trump-s-war-on-the-deep-state-is-leading-to-the-dismantling-of-government

Yeah, Evan! That’s my cousin. (Sorry, I have to point that out every time. So damn proud of his work.)

Thanks, Papa!

I assumed as much. Senator Nelson has always been close to the middle on many things and this is an election year for him so he’s not giving any ammunition for the idiots around here. Specifically anything about him being an obstructionist I’m sure he’s really sensitive to.

So it came out that someone from the Trump campaign called the FBI during the campaign and become an informant. So of course the scumbag, lying, intentionally misleading and misdirecting Trump started tweeting that the FBI “planted” this informant.

I HATE our president. It’s gone from shock, to disbelief, to embarrassment, to hate. He is a true scumbag trying to manipulate the truth wherever he can.

Welcome to the club! Some of started right at HATE but most everyone will get here eventually! If there really is a God then the entire administration & GOP would disintegrate one day, leaving nothing but Pure Evil ash. It hasn’t happened yet so I’m skeptical but I suppose there’s still time.

More reasons to hate President Dumb. He doesn’t understand the difference between HIV and HPV. Bill Gates talks about two meetings he had with Dumbo:

“Both times he wanted to know if there was a difference between HPV and HIV,” Gates said. “So I was able to explain that those were rarely confused with each other.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/388257-bill-gates-i-had-to-explain-to-trump-the-difference-between-hiv-and

Trump was also looking for ammo for anti-vaxxers:

“In both of those two meetings, he asked me if vaccines weren’t a bad thing, because he was considering a commission to look into the ill effects of vaccines,” Gates said.

“And I said, ‘No, that’s a dead end. That would be a bad thing, don’t do that.’”

How the fuck does HPV vs. HIV even come up in a conversation with Bill Gates? Should we be on the lookout for similar stories now? Charles Barkley reports that Trump asked him if his good friend Tope Ticks can get pregnant from “sex in her dirty place.” Also looking forward to the story on Rebecca Black and the time that Trump asked her if she thought waterboarding would be more acceptable to the new generation if they used Red Bull instead.

Bill and Melinda Gates’s foundation is the biggest private funder of vaccines in the world, and he sits on the board of the Vaccine Alliance, which is the biggest vaccination programme in the world.

Then he shouldn’t have been nominated and confirmed either.

Anyone who is involved in torture has no business in public service. Our grotesque post-9/11 embrace of barbarism must stop.

This shit transcends whataboutism.

Right, so at least it’s in the realm of disease. But how does that actual part of the conversation even happen? I wonder if Trump was going on about the danger of HPV, how the gays are ruining America, etc.

Yep, immoral things are immoral. Doesn’t matter who is in charge at the time, other than holding their feet to the fire to change it.

This is one of the most infuriating responses I see from the right these days. Either “but Obama did it and people didn’t argue with it then” or “if Obama had done this, you would have gone right along with it”. That may be true BUT IT DOESN’T MAKE IT RIGHT. Shame on the people who were okay with Obama doing something but not Trump doing the same/similar thing. Also shame on the people who were against Obama doing something but are all about Trump doing it.

I presume because Gates is extremely wealthy and successful. Trump believes that anyone in that category is an expert on everything.

Absolutely. Many people on the left part of the spectrum, myself among them, were very critical of Obama’s actions, and often inactions, on reigning in things like unauthorized drone warfare, not holding to task torturers, and not rolling back the freedom infringing and ineffective measures of things like the Patriot Act. Because he was not interested in litigating the previous administrations missteps, no matter how heinous.

That Cheney and Rumsfeld were not tried as war criminals and profiteers, that torture programs were not exposed and condemned in strong terms, with those helming them facing responsibility, is one of his great failures.

Likeliest scenario is Gates pushing for either funding for HPV vaccines or mandatory vaccination, and Trump starts going on about HIV.

It cost him my vote in 2012. I tossed a protest vote from California, which is kind of the problem when you know that the Republican candidate would almost certainly be as bad as/worse than the Democrat you object to. That’s why the ‘real’ action is in the primaries to some degree, I suppose.