Failing Trump administration. Sad!

As noted it’s an '80s film, but also, certain film geeks like myself like to lament that modern times don’t hold up to the '70s. :)

I mean, they call it the golden age of Hollywood.

(digression) , The “golden age of Hollywood” most commonly refers to the 30s/40s, which is when the movies were at their commercial peak (relative to the population); people used to go to the movies twice a week.

The first half of the 70s were actually a major slump for Hollywood, until things like Jaws and Star Wars came around and defined the modern blockbuster. Because Hollywood was in a slump, the period saw a great deal of experimentation, which led to a lot of interesting but often commercially unsuccessful work, which makes it a period beloved by film buffs. (Though there were exceptions that were both artistically and commercially successful, like the Godfather movies.) See Easy Riders, Raging Bulls by Peter Siskind. (end digression)

Yep, the Golden Age studio system versus the post-apocalyptic New Hollywood.

Both had wonderful movies and lots of shit.

Pacino, DeNiro, Redford, Nicholson, Hoffman, dude … the 70s were a heyday of amazingly great movies.

Sturgeon’s Law applies to all eras and all artforms, I think. But in some eras the not-shit stuff is better than in others.

I’m on it!

Yep, saw your thread after my post, there are some excellent recommendations in there. Hell, there are a lot I even need to see.

He keeps shedding handlers to his whims. This doesn’t bode well, but then again nothing has since he was elected.

Perhaps we could get William Shatner to trick him into firing himself.

Mr. President, If you … would … just … lookatyourownperformance. You might … see … that … it’s lacking so … badly!

FIRE … yourself … before … it’stoolate!

Failure on multiple levels here. He also brought out the ole’ “I’m just trying to have a conversation” chestnut!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics/ken-isaacs-migration-united-nations/index.html

In several of the recently unearthed tweets, Isaacs shared a post that called climate change a “hoax,” shared a story from the conspiracy-peddling website InfoWars about the “Clinton body count,” and wrote “#Islam is not peaceful.”

According to The Associated Press, he told reporters, “I have retweeted many things to stimulate conversation. But at the same time … have never shown discrimination against anybody, for anything.”

Maybe Donnie will let Ivanka and her BFF open a boutique or a lemonade stand next:

Maggie Cordish, one of Ivanka Trump’s closest allies and a lead staffer on paid family leave, is quitting, according to a Thursday Politico report. There are no plans to replace the staffer.

The two women have been good friends since college, and President Donald Trump is close with Cordish’s father.

I’m still convinced that most of the Trump supporters want to go back to the 50s, so I’m sure they’ll see this as winning.

Well, most would probably want us out of the UN and the UN off American soil as soon as possible anyway.

Citation please.

Here’s one. You are wrong.

This data is a little older, but still functional to show that there is widespread trust in the UN.

My comment was regards Trump supporters, as per Nesrie’s post.

Oh, haha, yeah, then you are most certainly correct.

Blaming the UN for everything is a right-wing tradition.

Which is funny because the UN is pretty toothless, but somehow they’re going to overthrow the US.