Failing Trump administration. Sad!

It really did get comical. But he lasted longer than Scaramucci, so at least he’s got that going for him.

And the tactical pants.

They’re going to have to meet my new EPA coins and update the flag that tellls is whether or not the head of the EPA is in the building. Does Pruitt get to keep the used mattresses or are those now property of Wheeler

So does this mean Pruitt can’t take over Justice?

Dude just had to go back for one more taste of Trump’s backside on his way out.

And letters why that are why I kinda see Christianity as cult-esque.

What the fuck man. That’s some Grade A Coocoo for Cocoa Puffs shit there, y’all.

So, is this the second time a restaurant confrontation was the catalyst for change? Keep it up, I guess?

He sounds like he’d really bought into the “liberals are trying to kill you” Alex Jones style paranoia for whatever reasons, so i suppose if the letter is true the actual restaurant confrontation however free of actual danger freaked him out to the point of resigning.

I’d be interested in reading a breakdown of evidence, if any, of why exactly he’s been so terrified of being attacked by liberals and how long he’s exhibited this behavior.

Or, indeed, does it free up Pruitt to take over Justice?

Phew, good news here. Glad the agency can move forth with - checks notes - Andrew Wheeler! Wait a second, who is Andrew Wheeler??

Well, for starters, his most recent job was as an energy lobbyist. His biggest clients included Murray Energy Corporation, which proudly bills itself as the largest coal mining company in America, and whose CEO, Robert E. Murray, vigorously fought the Obama administration’s attempts to reduce carbon emissions and strengthen environmental and public health laws. Shortly after Trump took office, Murray, an unabashed climate denier, presented Vice President Mike Pence with a ridiculously pro-coal “action plan” that called for doing away with the Clean Power Plan, withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, eliminating federal tax credits for renewable energy, and—yes—halving the EPA’s workforce.

In his spare time, Wheeler serves as the vice president of the Washington Coal Club, a powerful yet little-known federation of more than 300 coal producers, lawmakers, business leaders, and policy experts who have dedicated themselves to preserving the uncertain future of our dirtiest fossil fuel. Wheeler clearly loves coal, but he’s also made time to lobby the U.S. Department of the Interior to open portions of the Bears Ears National Monument to uranium mining.

It gets worse. Before joining his current K Street lobbying firm, Wheeler worked as a legislative aide to Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe. Inhofe is without question the most virulent climate denier on Capitol Hill—a man who regularly refers to the science of climate change as “the greatest hoax” ever perpetrated on the American people and who told one radio interviewer that educating schoolchildren on the basics of climate science was tantamount to “brainwashing.” When Wheeler’s nomination was announced last year, Inhofe effusively praised the decision, saying that “there is no one more qualified than Andrew to help Scott Pruitt restore EPA to its proper size and scope.” (The italics are mine; the anxiety that they denote should be everybody’s.) In that same statement, Inhofe referred to Wheeler as his “close friend”; indeed, the two are close enough that Wheeler thought it perfectly appropriate to organize a fund-raiser for Inhofe last May, an act that many believe crossed ethical lines.

I’m worried because, at 15, my daughter is likely too old to work in the coal mines. Will she get left behind by this emerging growth industry?

While your daughter may now be too old to work in the mines, I assume she has two healthy lungs, so she may still be of use to the miners.

Fear not!

What an odious cunt Scott Pruitt is.

This x10000000

So what do you think was the straw that broke him? He was more than fine with all the graft and corruption, misuse of funds, etc. One lady confronts him and now he fears for his and his family’s lives? Wouldn’t he be safer in the position with Secret Service and bullet-proof everything to protect him?

Seems more likely there is either something we haven’t heard about yet or the WH asked him to.

Just because he resigned doesn’t mean that we should stop harassing him in restaurants.

Poor man. For the rest of his life he’ll dream of women with babies coming up to him to have reasonable discussions - and wake up screaming.

But seriously folks, all the evidence points to Pruitt being full-on paranoid long before women started their terror campaign of having reasonable discussions in restaurants. Notably he asked for an expensive security detail shortly after being appointed, citing death threats - but there were no death threats.

Fuck yeah, I’m game.

I doubt I’ll get the chance, but if I do?

My money is on the former. What are the chances that in another few weeks or months, we get some kind of Pruitt sex scandal or massive bribery reveal that completely dwarfs his (already massive) corruption?