Failing Trump administration. Sad!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/viciousness-trump-aides-endure-public-fury-toward-presidents-policies/2018/07/09/23d3b9a2-8051-11e8-b0ef-fffcabeff946_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4ba16e8226c7

Probably a wise move. You want to be sure that your sushi chef likes you, or is at least ambivalent.

People need to remember, these in the administration and congress will leave office sooner or later.

Their stigmatization must NEVER END. They need to be publicly heckled and shamed, forever, until the day they die.

And then we shit on their graves!

Obligatory (though I don’t know whether Elvis ever followed through.)

Your post reminded me of the last scene in Inglourious Basterds.

“When you get to your little place on Nantucket Island, I imagine you’ll take off that handsome SS uniform of yours?.. Now that I can’t abide.”

Pretty much my exact words somewhere around here.

Won’t happen. Stephen Colbert himself lent his imprimatur to the public rehabilitation of Sean Spicer within months (weeks?) of the latter’s resignation.

It’s not just for Mitch McConnell any more!

If the Thai government can reunite 12 soccer kids and a coach with their parents in a week trapped in an underwater cave, Why can’t the US government reunite 102 immigrant kids with their parents in two weeks?

Trump is right about one thing America just doesn’t win anymore.

What is painfully obvious is that Trump’s administration literally does not care, at all, about the wellbeing of those immigrants and their children.

It wasn’t even a secondary concern to them.

Well, it was in that their goal was to cause as much suffering as they thought was politically possible.

I heard Senator Tom Lankford (R-Okla) go through what I would term the GOP rephrasing of the discussion of reuniting the children with their parents. He’s speaks well on other topics they quizzed him on, and being a member of the Homeland Security Committee, one would expect he knows enough to give a better answer here.

From about the 4:50 mark:

• He believes Homeland Security knows where all the parents are for these kids. (Despite HHS/DHS already admitting they do not.)
  • Says one of the difficulties is that some of the parents are walking away from the kids. (Making this up maybe, but who knows.)
  • Throws off the talk against Trump by saying this has been going on for quite a while. (But the recent issue with it is all Trump’s doing.)
  • Says that inter-agency issues preventing doing this quicker. (Thus there wasn’t really a plan to reunite children or it would have been hashed out beforehand.
  • Mentions some of the parents are traffickers, some are guilty of crimes, and some are some are trying to get the kids into foster care within the US while they go back to their country. (Toning down the fact that some are straight up being held away from their parents have not been returned.)

That guy handled himself better than most in that interview, and it was still totally brutal.

This issue just crushes the GOP.

With whom though? I bet most people that continually vote Republican aren’t really paying attention to this. They turn a blind eye to it, then they’ll vote for their local GOP candidates this November with no problem at all. Is there really anyone out there that is changing their vote because of this?

Doubtful, but there are people who would not vote who will be motivated to do so, hopefully.

Dems don’t need to convert a single Republican voter. They just need to get Dems to vote.

Ok, that makes more sense - keep the motivation up, etc. I suppose it’s good in some sense that horrific things keep happening so the Democratic base stays motivated to vote in a few months!

Yes, the only thing i marginally sort of kind of agree with @Timex on re: GotV versus seeking justice via other means is that we absolutely outnumber conservatives in this country by a not-immodest margin. If we actually leveraged the full weight of our electoral power, we’d crush them now and forever and erase any trace of their filth from the political spectrum.

He did handle a lot of the answers well, and at face value, you might be inclined to believe he’s telling it straight, but knowing more facts, he’s just trying to move the needle off the issue being messed up entirely. I love that they (GOP) are squirming on this topic quite a bit.

This is actually one of the few things which cut deeply into the GOP voters. Not as deeply as it should, of course, but deeper than anything else.

In a recent Quinnipiac poll, GOP voters supported Trump’s policy along the border regarding this 55 to 35 percent.

Compare that to other things, like general approval of Trump, where GOP voters give him an approval rating of 87%. That is a major difference. And that’s self-identified GOP voters. For everyone else the approval for this border policy is in the basement.

This issue is TERRIBLE for the GOP.