Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Right, but we were comparing an extra payment on a 30 year mortgage to investing that money for 30 years.

If you only invest for 5-10 years then of course the math changes, but that should properly be compared to the (very small) benefit of making an extra payment in year 20 to 25 of your mortgage.

FEMA went from “heck of a job, Brownie,” to “I’ll hook you up with a job, Bro.”

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/399568-fema-personnel-chief-under-investigation-for-widespread-sexual

This isn’t really Trump’s fault. This HR undersecretary guy Corey was hired in 2011, so, “thanks, Obama.” He hired a ton of his frat boy friends, as well as…

as well as women he met at bars and through online dating sites.

Coleman promoted the individuals without going through the proper channels, and in some cases promoted or transferred women throughout the agency so his friends could try to have sexual relationships with them, a FEMA official told The Washington Post.

And of course this wasn’t all consensual: he harassed at least one fellow employee outside of dating two other women. Not cool, bro. FEMA is about taking people, shaking with fury but powerless to do anything about the terrible situation that was suddenly dumped on them, and caring for them. Not dumping the terrible situation on them in the first place.

Not satire. I think this is probably the best thread for it.

Someone online pointed out that the dude on left with an oar (apparently Ben Garrison) is rowing backwards.

I like how no one seems to be doing anything productive and they all look confused.

It’s ben Carson.

If you follow the link and read the descriptions of the various prints you get this for the $69.00 version:

Crossing the Swamp, by Jon McNaughton Over 240 years ago George Washington crossed Valley Forge [my emphasis] to bring an astonishing victory to the Continental Army. This led to what many thought was impossible - to defeat a despot King…

(The $29.00 version gets it right - “endured Valley Forge and crossed the Deleware River…”)

And that last line about defeating the despot king … There are times when I wonder whether McNaughton isn’t a performance artist, the Andy Kaufman (or rather Vic Ferrari) of painting.

It could be that Ben is pushing off from a stump or rock. It’s not like anyone is steering that boat.

The dude in that position in the original is posed the same way.

Yeah, looks like he’s pushing away some ice. The guy in the updated, dumb painting is pushing away an alligator, I think.

I think this McNaughton guy is like a televangelist. He sort of believes the bullshit he espouses but he really, really believes in the money it brings in.

The next Trump administration hire, no doubt.

‘I’ve heard great things about the alligator that ate the kid at Disney. He knows how to be tough,’

-Donald Trump, probably

That kid was a foreigner anyway. That alligator was making America great.

“Look, men! There’s the Capitol! Onward!”

boat feebly spins in a complete circle

“Look, men! There’s the Capitol! Onward!”

boat spins feebly once again

“Look, men!..”

It looks like a boat full of “refugees”, fleeing “oppression” from the “Special Council”. If they had properly drained the swamp as they promised, they could’ve actually snuck away by car instead of this precarious vessel.

You should check out his Obama ones under “Patriotic --> Political”. They’re about as good or better as you’d think they would be.

Nero reference. Very deep.

The reality gap with right-wing nut jobs really is something. Obama took office with the economy reeling from the greatest crisis since the Great Depression and left it with the economy stabilized and humming along. I don’t think he was the best President this country has had and his accomplishments were somewhat limited (thanks, obstructionism) but how on Earth was “Rome burning” on his watch? You have to be completely divorced from objective reality to buy into that narrative.

Nah, it is much simpler than that for Trumpistas. “Nero” is just missing one letter.

Pretty much. See if you can read between the lines on his description for this one:

https://i.imgur.com/oN9KfU1.jpg

President Trump holds the key to American prosperity for now and future generations. If you have a special place worth protecting you always require permission to enter. Weeds crawl the fence and seek to overrun the garden of our beautiful land. This metaphor is the perfect word for those who steal from the American people and choke out the prosperity and safety of the garden of our homeland. A weed cannot be tolerated long before it grows out of control and chokes out the true plant that bears fruit. The only plants that should be allowed in the garden are those which are selected, planted, nurtured, and are properly placed. Otherwise, the garden will fail. This is our home, our place of safety, our heritage. American interests are more important than special interests. As the sun sets on a former time of mindless liberal policies that make America unsafe and unprosperous, let us raise the wall and lock the gate to all who wish to come uninvited.

I’m told that reads much better in its original German language version.