Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Stuff I’m interested in:

Chelsea Clinton running for office [ ]
Something else entirely [x]

I love this line.

Agreeing with kerzain is painful. But when you’re right you’re right. Just what we need, another generation of Clinton bashing. Ignoring the issues. Lock her mother up! Bullshit. Get any other job. Stay out of fucking politics.

It’s not painful agreeing with me. Maybe the pain you’re feeling is that stick up your ass.

No it’s you. I’m positive. My stick is quite comfy, thanks.

Get a room you two!

Please, Clintons, just fade into obscurity. The last thing we need is Chelsea continuing the ‘OMG CLINTON’ rage that the GOP’s been running on for years now.

How dare Chelsea Clinton exist? Clearly she’s the cause of everything that’s wrong with America today. If the Clintons had just done the honorable thing and jumped off a cliff in 1992, the Republicans wouldn’t have been forced to become psychopaths and destroy democracy.

… Am I doing it right?

You forgot to mention that she made her money both by inheriting all the Clinton Foundation slush money and by investing in the Pizza place that has the secret child sex slave trafficking in its basement.

It amazes me how bullied Democratic voters have become. “Can’t have candidate X because Republicans think they’re evil incarnate.” Meanwhile, Republicans demonize anyone not sufficiently conservative deranged.

It would be amazing if they did a right-wing full court press on Clinton running for office, and then she, like, Leslie Knope’d it and ran for a local City Council seat.

I have nothing against Chelsea Clinton, but I agree that she should stay out of politics. At this point, her last name is only going to be an albatross around her neck. I’m also not a big fan of familial political dynasties, and I would much rather see a new, fresh and untainted face running for office than yet another Clinton. I’d say the exact same thing if one of the Bush twins decided to run for senate or something. It’s time for new blood, plain and simple.

I just hate the idea of “Royal Families” in US politics, whether it be Kennedys, Clintons, Bushies, or god forbid a fucking Trump dynasty.

Clearly no possible candidate could be worse than a Clinton!

Why?
Edward Kennedy Jr and Patrick Kennedy are perfectly viable and competent representatives for their respective states.

It’s not like children from political families are clones; they’re individuals, just like anyone else. I don’t see why it matters who their parents are if they themselves want to run for public office.

As for Chelsea Clinton, I’d judge her on the merits and not what Republicans think. If it’s not been said enough, fuck Republicans.

The Kennedys are far enough removed from their predecessors that it’s a lot easier to judge them on their own merits. When Patrick Kennedy ran for office in 1995 I doubt his campaign had to deal with attacks from the right about his dad’s automobile accident 30 years earlier or his uncles’ time in their respective offices.

The Clinton family is not far enough removed from Bill’s Presidency or Hillary’s campaign for a campaign by Chelsea to be seen as anything other than a familial power grab. She may have the best intentions, but she has the worst timing.

EDIT : To be clear, I’m not attacking Chelsea Clinton. I actually like and respect her, and I think she’s handled everything that’s been thrown at her over the years with a grace and composure that is uncommon among children of such famous icons, political or otherwise. She would probably make a fine candidate for political office in a few more years…but timing is everything, and it’s just too soon right now.

We have this fella up in Washington

Because Chelsea Clinton is female, and a significant amount of Clinton hatred is outright misogynistic bullshit. It’s not fair, but it is what it is.

Why do you think people hate Hillary so much and blame her for things Bill did? Why wouldn’t the same people who hate Hillary go and blame Chelsea for the same shit?

Most of them will be dead soon enough.

True enough, but many of them have bred with others of a similar nature, then raised their spawn with the same beliefs.