Failing Trump administration. Sad!

The Clintons are not a dynasty. I think that bears repeating: the Clintons are not a dynasty. Neither Bill nor Hillary come from political families. The Bushes have been in politics for 100 years. The Kennedys, Rockefellers, Roosevelts, and Udalls are dynasties. The Daleys and Tafts are dynasties. The Clintons simply are not–they’re a single couple who’ve been involved in national poltics for a couple of decades. John Kerry, Joe Biden, and John McCain have been in national politics longer than either of them.

Well, not yet. But a Bill->Hillary->Chelsea is a start! :)

Of course they will. But they will literally demonize anyone, including kids who survived a mass shooting. To wit:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1031552126181408768

On the one hand, yeah, it’s wearying to think of more Clintoniosity in our public discourse.

On the other hand, I decided a while back that Democrats should never give the tiniest fuck about angering Republicans. Not the tiniest fuck. Like, not even a micro-fuck. Or a nano-fuck. Or a pico-fuck.

Not even a Planck fuck.

Yeah, too many splinters.

Cohen agreed to plea deal. Campaign finance, bank fraud, tax evasion.

I have Clinton fatigue. I’m tired of seeing them and hearing about them.

That said, I have no problem with Chelsea running for office. I’d be interested to see what she can accomplish as a state delegate or mayor or whatever. I’d rather not see her jump directly into a national race (Congressperson or Senator) simply based on her name-recognition though; she should come up through the ranks on merit.

I’m not down for punishing kids due to the actions of their parents. Chelsea has done nothing that should prevent her from running for anything she wants… I’ll vote based on the people in the race, not some sort of weirdo legacy concern.

And if everyone voted that way then we’d be fine. Unfortunately a certain percentage of people will vote against any Clinton that’s running for office. The GOP/Fox machine has made the name itself poisonous. Obviously not her fault at all but it is what it is.

Counting on people who supposedly voted for Trump or didn’t vote at all because Clinton was a choice is a fool’s errand. Those people will find a boogeyman with anyone so they can pretend their vote is less abhorrent, and therefore not really take ownership of it, than it really is.

I’d agree with you on just about anything else but it just seems like the Clinton rage hate is a whole other level of order.

Which makes that group irrational. There is no point in spending energy with rational arguments on the irrational. I am telling you, they will find another reason to reject a rational Democrat because what they really believe is what Trump is selling. They’re just hiding it.

Now do I believe Chelsea is the best candidate we have to offer, not necessarily. I am not removing her from consideration or any list though just because she has Clinton for a name.

Agreed. If 2016 taught me anything its that trying to pander to the deplorables who vote for trump is wasted energy. And if anyone seriously is going to sit out an election or even worse vote fascist just because a Clinton is on the ticket well they are irredeemably stupid anyway. We have a far bigger pool of decent human beings to draw from.

We should we not care what trump voters think. Their crime is also their punishment. Let them live in Trumps world view, they mean nothing to me.

And take the Bushes with you.

As an extremely conservative friend of mine said back in 2014: “I’m not going to vote for a Bush or Clinton.”
I guess he got his wish…

Stop wishing on a Monkey’s Paw!

And sadly, Jeb! would have probably been the best Bush president.

And the hits, they just keep on coming. Former security head Keith Schiller is in legal trouble, along with possibly Donnie:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/21/trump-must-face-claims-of-assault-on-mexican-protesters-judge-says/?utm_term=.78a81ae057c1

A New York state judge rebuffed President Trump’s attempt to distance himself from a lawsuit against his security team on Monday, forcing him to face claims that they allegedly attacked a group of peaceful Mexican protesters in 2015…
The judge based his decision in part on a statement made by Trump at a campaign rally, which he buried in a footnote: “Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said, according to the judge’s Monday decision.

This is my theme song for today:

Step back from the Edge

I remember when it was Boston and McCain.

Republicanism is a disease.